The Sky Is Falling!!!

Jerruh

Reaction score
OMG WE HAD A BAD GAME!!! WE SUCK AND WE'LL NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH OUR HORRIBLE TOP 10 DEFENSE THAT WE HAVE!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

some of you people need to crack open a cold one and chill

This game sucked but we will be back beating the crap out of Cincy next week!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's still about January and the big picture I agree.

Losing to the Redskirts hurts. But it's the way we lost that will get people more upset.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Dude, we JUST lost. I think fans are allowed to express their frustrations 20 minutes after your ridiculously talented team loses to a team they should have beat handily.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Jerruh;2292857 said:
OMG WE HAD A BAD GAME!!! WE SUCK AND WE'LL NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH OUR HORRIBLE TOP 10 DEFENSE THAT WE HAVE!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

so you're happy with just making the playoffs?

Jerruh

Reaction score
I never said I was happy but some individuals are ready to fire one of our best defensive players in T-New which IMO is crazy,,,not to mention the the coach that has won 16 games for us in less than a season and a half is suddenly a bum..I think its safe to assume that some people are overreacting just a little

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
You have a valid point....but let's not ignore some of our obvious shortcomings. This team lost ugly today and it was mostly due to the coaches not putting the players in the right position at the right time. What worries me most is the fact that we cant seem to cover when we really need to.

Homer

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2292882 said:

Losing to the Redskirts hurts. But it's the way we lost that will get people more upset.

usually when you lose, its not a way you hope to lose.

At least we didnt have a great game and still lost.

This kind of loss shows that we all have bad games.

jr40usa

Reaction score
This defense has got to start getting turnovers are we will start to see more numbers in the lost column.

Jerruh

Reaction score
Ya you're right. the playcalling was pretty bizarre today and I hope that doesn't happen again. I'm just not ready to give up on this team just yet..We beat two solid teams in GB and Philly very soundly. lets just hope that this doesnt become a trend

30yrheel

Reaction score
just making the playoffs is not the goal. another disappointing season it appears

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jerruh;2292857 said:

If you watch this game again, I think you might see that our defense didn't play all that badly. I mean, we could not get them off the field, that's true but, we put our defense in a very poor position. In the first qtr, first three times the skins had the ball, we forced punts. However, we went 6 and out, 3 and out, 6 and out. Defense was on the field th ewhole time. In the 2nd Qtr. was really when we got smoked. 17 points, we gave up. We had drives of 3 and out, 3 and out and 10 plays. We gave up starting field position of skinz 49, and skinz 39. We gave up a total of 9 points in the second half, which is not great but is also not bad. We lost this game in the 2nd quarter and we put the defense in a horrible position to defend. it's hard for me to find fault with them when we did nothing to help them.

Offensively, we just didn't do well protecting field position or our defense.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2292882 said:

Exactly! That's what has been about and will continue to be about. Winning in the playoffs is the only thing I care about. If we win today to go to 4-0 it still is about December and January with this team.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2293057 said:
If you watch this game again, I think you might see that our defense didn't play all that badly. I mean, we could not get them off the field, that's true but, we put our defense in a very poor position. In the first qtr, first three times the skins had the ball, we forced punts. However, we went 6 and out, 3 and out, 6 and out. Defense was on the field th ewhole time. In the 2nd Qtr. was really when we got smoked. 17 points, we gave up. We had drives of 3 and out, 3 and out and 10 plays. We gave up starting field position of skinz 49, and skinz 39. We gave up a total of 9 points in the second half, which is not great but is also not bad. We lost this game in the 2nd quarter and we put the defense in a horrible position to defend. it's hard for me to find fault with them when we did nothing to help them.

Offensively, we just didn't do well protecting field position or our defense.

You gave up 161 yards rushing. You rushed for 44 yards. New York is going to run over you. Your defense does not cover very well, this is the new and improved defense, isn't it?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2293144 said:
You gave up 161 yards rushing. You rushed for 44 yards. New York is going to run over you. Your defense does not cover very well, this is the new and improved defense, isn't it?

We will see what NY does when the time comes. For now, you are of little importance or concern.

In the end, we gave up 17 points in the 2nd quarter. We gave up 9 points in the 2nd half. Offensively, we have to do better then what we did in the 1st half. We can't afford to leave our defense on the field against good teams. That's just bad news for us.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2293057 said:
If you watch this game again, I think you might see that our defense didn't play all that badly. I mean, we could not get them off the field, that's true but....
Self-contradiction taken to amazing new heights.

Props.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
sweetness0986;2292908 said:
Dude, we JUST lost. I think fans are allowed to express their frustrations 20 minutes after your ridiculously talented team loses to a team they should have beat handily.

The Skins are a good team.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bungarian;2295239 said:
The Skins are a good team.
A fact some don't want to admit. It's too easy to blame what the Cowboys didn't do versus giving credit to what the Commanders did to them.

Also, why is it every week, people want to tell people to chill after the game? That bugs me more than the so-called sky is falling crowd. Let people vent, get it off their chest, no matter how ridiculous it might seem. After a couple days, then people will turn to the next game.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Jerruh;2292857 said:

What December collapse?

13-3!!! heh heh

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Guys, remember that West Coast offense kills the soft zone we play. That's a coaching problem there.

They had two long pass plays, one on Newman (the out n up) it happens and the other was a blown coverage on a drag route ran across between the short and deep zone. The rest was dink n dunk.

Their running game was hurting us but that long run by Portis was a wide open hole.

We didn't have one of our better games and that can't happen in a division rivalry game.

Lets adjust and finish the next 3/4 of the season strong......:pray:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
sweetness0986;2292908 said:

And why do you think we should have beat that team handily? Because we're the Cowboys? :huh: