The thing I loved about Felix Jones

boscokt

Reaction score
He is not just a straight line runner without vision or wiggle. He sets his blocks up well and hits the hole hard, almost always guaranteeing himself positive yardage.

I wasn't that big on him coming out of college, but I thought he was worthy of a first round pick. So I wasn't disappointed when we picked him.

Jerry Jones made a great pick here and he picked a guy that is exactly what Dallas needs and he was unapologetic for not selecting the concensus better pick.

This could end up being the best Jerry Jones draft pick ever.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I loved how he juked Akers. We haven't had a returner like him in a long time. If Thompson could juke someone he'd still be here.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
He looks like a perfect fit for what this offense needs. Wade should never take him out of the return game. I'll tell you though, given what Barber brings to the table, I can see how it is hard for the coaches to pull MBIII off of the field. He has very underrated hands. They need to put both of them on the field together more often.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
One thing I think that seperates great runners from the rest is their ability to make plays by fitting/squeezing themselves through those small little creases. Felix was spectacular at that. Most players would avoid that small crease thinking they couldn't get through it and if they do hit the crease, they can't make a play anyway. But Felix continually found the crease and made plays through it.

And damn, doesn't it feel good to have a kickoff returner that doesn't get tackled by the kicker?

YAKUZA

Smith22

Reaction score
We actually have weapons now on both punt and kick returns. Man that feels good!

Viper

Reaction score
I admit, he wasn't the pick I wanted...but this kid has been nothing short of impressive. I'm a fan.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
boscokt;2262781 said:
This could end up being the best Jerry Jones draft pick ever.
While I supported this pick big time and agree with you about Jones, but could be the best JJ draft pick ever? Considering that was the NFL all time leading rusher banner Felix played under yesterday sets a pretty high standard just for players at his position.

joseephuss

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2262840 said:
While I supported this pick big time and agree with you about Jones, but could be the best JJ draft pick ever? Considering that was the NFL all time leading rusher banner Felix played under yesterday sets a pretty high standard just for players at his position.

Many don't think Jerry was that involved in drafting Emmitt. The majority of that credit for the Emmitt goes to Jimmy Johnson..

If we are talking about Jerry as GM type picks then future Hall of Famer Larry Allen is the best pick.

As owner, Jerry is technically involved with every draft pick, but there have been others in the organization that made some of the final determinations on players the Cowboys have drafted.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I know the coaches want Barber out there on offense as much as possible but it would help to sprinkle in Jones a bit more in the running game and on some screens.

But his patience, vision and acceleration is phenomenal on kickoff returns. I thought his most impressive play was the KR he almost broke on the sideline with very little space to maneuver.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2262820 said:
One thing I think that seperates great runners from the rest is their ability to make plays by fitting/squeezing themselves through those small little creases. Felix was spectacular at that. Most players would avoid that small crease thinking they couldn't get through it and if they do hit the crease, they can't make a play anyway. But Felix continually found the crease and made plays through it.

And damn, doesn't it feel good to have a kickoff returner that doesn't get tackled by the kicker?

YAKUZA

The one thing that sucks is that they will soon be kicking away from Jones. We need to get him involved in the offense. He was a shoe string tackle away from breaking one on that reverse.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I know it's only week 2, but is it to early to say we have the best 1-2 punch in the NFL when it comes to RB's?

FCBarca

Reaction score
Plus, while he doesn't have that blazing speed, he has great burst or a 2nd gear...There was one play in particular where he could see him shoot right through the hole when it appeared he was already running pretty hard...Felix played terrific

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I like felix returning kick and love the fact that he has impact while doing I don't understand why Wade didn't want him back there.....:confused:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;2263302 said:
The one thing that sucks is that they will soon be kicking away from Jones. We need to get him involved in the offense. He was a shoe string tackle away from breaking one on that reverse.
The same could be said about his second carry in the Cleveland game. It's phenomenal the number of times he has almost broken if for a TD (or actually scored) already in his young career.

es22

Reaction score
we need to have Felx in the backfield with barber and utilize him like Westbrook, especially since we dont have a true 2nd WR (Crayton is a stiff).

Felix will be instramental in creating matchup problems. I trust RED will maximize his talents.