The truth about the next coach

AtlCB

Reaction score
Forum members,

You are being sucked (as Parcells likes to say). Five people are doing interviews and only three will actually have real input into the next coach - Jerry, Stephen, and Bill. I seriously doubt any of them are talking! I seriously doubt Jason and Troy are talking either. So how does the media know who is the leading candidate or even a serious candidate. All they can do is speculate and report who is coming/has come to VR. My guess is that Jerry, Stephen, and Bill have not even decided who the front runner is. They are still interviewing candidates. Before anyone decides to jump off the next bridge, wait a little while for the process to play itself out. Remember, Parcells is still involved in this process.

Also, be patient. I would be very suprised if the new head coach is selected this week.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Everything the media has reported so far has happened except for Rex Ryan getting an interview.

I wouldnt be surprised if Norv is named the Cowboys next Head Coach within hours.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AtlCB;1346610 said:
Forum members,

You are being sucked (as Parcells likes to say). Five people are doing interviews and only three will actually have real input into the next coach - Jerry, Stephen, and Bill. I seriously doubt any of them are talking! I seriously doubt Jason and Troy are talking either. So how does the media know who is the leading candidate or even a serious candidate. All they can do is speculate and report who is coming/has come to VR. My guess is that Jerry, Stephen, and Bill have not even decided who the front runner is. They are still interviewing candidates. Before anyone decides to jump off the next bridge, wait a little while for the process to play itself out. Remember, Parcells is still involved in this process.

Also, be patient. I would be very suprised if the new head coach is selected this week.

I agree. It seems some are diving head 1st into the pool of speculation and taking everything as fact. This process will run it's course and we will see what happens but for those getting upset, take a step back for a second and wait to see what really happens instead of hanging on every word coming out of the Dallas media.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Somebody pm me when we get a new coach, I'm sick of it already:mad:

AtlCB

Reaction score
CATCH17;1346612 said:
Everything the media has reported so far has happened except for Rex Ryan getting an interview.

I wouldnt be surprised if Norv is named the Cowboys next Head Coach within hours.
Wow! The media figured out that Wade Phillips and Norv Turner were going to be interviewed! That's the extent of what they got right. I guess 2 out of 3 isn't bad. The Cowboys may have even given the media that information or the coachs' agents gave the media the information. That's a big stretch from knowing who is being interviewed to knowing who the frontrunners are.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1346614 said:
I agree. It seems some are diving head 1st into the pool of speculation and taking everything as fact. This process will run it's course and we will see what happens but for those getting upset, take a step back for a second and wait to see what really happens instead of hanging on every word coming out of the Dallas media.

Respectfully, Dooms -- do you really believe it or do you just not want to believe that Norv might be coming back?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
abersonc;1346669 said:
Respectfully, Dooms -- do you really believe it or do you just not want to believe that Norv might be coming back?

I'm willing to give Norv, Wade Phillips if either is named HC a chance before writing off the Cowboys and Jones. As for what is being reported all I can say is a bunch of opinions are being reported and very few hardcore facts of how this process will end.

AtlCB

Reaction score
abersonc;1346669 said:

I will go on record writing that our next HC has not yet been interviewed. :eek:

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
AtlCB;1346610 said:
Forum members,

Tuna is not in today and also he's answering questions by all reports and having separate interviews. jerry is about to run amok.

so your entire premise of the OP is wrong unfortunately.

AtlCB

Reaction score
chinch;1346733 said:
Tuna is not in today and also he's answering questions by all reports and having separate interviews. jerry is about to run amok.

so your entire premise of the OP is wrong unfortunately.
Are they doing any interviews today? Who cares if Jerry and Bill interview the candidates seperately? I've never interview a candidate with my boss in the room, but I've had a lot of input into who got hired.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
AtlCB;1346792 said:
Are they doing any interviews today? Who cares if Jerry and Bill interview the candidates seperately? I've never interview a candidate with my boss in the room, but I've had a lot of input into who got hired.
you obviously don't work for jerruh. ;)

good attempt at making lemons into lemonaide but it failed.

AtlCB

Reaction score
chinch;1346831 said:
you obviously don't work for jerruh. ;)

good attempt at making lemons into lemonaide but it failed.
BP appeared to be running things before he quit. I would guess that Jerry puts a lot of weight in his opinions. If it was anybody else advising Jerry, I would agree with you.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I hope you're right. I keep thinking in my heart of hearts that Jerry is still waiting to interview Rivera......

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Why the heck are you guys so in love with Rivera? What's on his resume?

"I babysat Lovie's defense for him"?

If he was even 1/4 as hot a candidate as some of you guys think, maybe some of these other teams would have waited around to interview him as well...none of them cared to wait, but Jerry Jones is supposed to hire him to run a 3-4 defense or retool a 4-3 defense and run the entire show, something he has never done before.

You guys fall in love with a new name...I'm surprised you all weren't griping when Parcells was hired...after all, he'd lost some other jobs along the way and didn't accomplish much in NY either.