The truth hurts

dfense

Reaction score
And the truth is, the defense just isn't all that.

Face it, the Cowboys offense, nine times out of ten, makes the opponents offense one dimensional because they have to play catch up.

From here on out, alot of teams defensive philosophy will be to run on offense. Especially pitches to the perimeter, where appearently, Washington saw a weakness and exploited it. Portis would pick a groove and get at least 5 yards or more every time they ran it.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
How many of these posts will there be? Why not add it to the other 20 or so threads just like this one.

shnagy

Reaction score
dfense;2298581 said:

Face it, the Cowboys offense, nine times out of ten, makes the opponents offense one dimensional because they have to play catch up.

From here on out, alot of teams defensive philosophy will be to run on offense. Especially pitches to the perimeter, where appearently, Washington saw a weakness and exploited it. Portis would pick a groove and get at least 5 yards or more every time they ran it.

:horse: This is getting old already. It's one game. The team will adjust (hopefully).

Boysboy

Reaction score
dfense;2298581 said:

For a minute, I thought this was going to be another TO-bashing thread. *whew*

I think Roy's run support is missed. The good news is that he should be back in a couple of weeks!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dfense;2298581 said:

It hurts until it changes. Defense needs to step it up and we will see if they do or not then the truth will be known in the end

dfense

Reaction score
Bungarian;2298589 said:
How many of these posts will there be? Why not add it to the other 20 or so threads just like this one.
Because I don't want to.

Why not add your post complaining about posts to the complaining thread?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
dfense;2298581 said:

If we RAN the ball we could've thrown the ball. If we had done BOTH effectively then they would've had to play catch up and not RAN the ball for 100+ yards. It's a hand-shaking thing this game of football.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
shnagy;2298590 said:
:horse: This is getting old already. It's one game. The team will adjust (hopefully).

Its been allll season. We were a Braylon Edwards dropped TD pass from not blowing out the Browns, Philly moved the ball all day in the first half and yesterday was a debacle.

We did play well against GB.

By my count this defense has played 1.5 good games. And I put it all on lack of intensity and passive playcalling. Talent is the last of this defense's concerns.

Reaction score
Its the scheme.....

Bring in Cowher and HIS guys and get this team with an attitude...

I'd love to see the Chin roaming the sidelines...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dfense;2298581 said:

You're not alone. Thank you for your candor.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Our Defense isnt all that..Funny thing is we will play well against the next three chump teams and everybody will start saying how much we have improved. Just to play washington and NY again and get torched:bang2:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dfense;2298581 said:
From here on out, alot of teams defensive philosophy will be to run on offense.

Their defensive philosophy will be to run on offense?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Funny how this same defense has gotten carved up before, and I didn't see nearly as many posts about the defense sucking. Does anyone remember giving up 5 TDs to the Giants on opening day of 2007? The only difference was that we won that game.

All defenses have bad outings...even the Ravens have had them. Let's see how this team adjusts before we indict everyone on the unit.

shnagy

Reaction score
Future;2299265 said:
Its been allll season. We were a Braylon Edwards dropped TD pass from not blowing out the Browns, Philly moved the ball all day in the first half and yesterday was a debacle.

We did play well against GB.

By my count this defense has played 1.5 good games. And I put it all on lack of intensity and passive playcalling. Talent is the last of this defense's concerns.

But it's been stated a thousand times before. No need to start a new thread on something that's been said.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2299290 said:
Their defensive philosophy will be to run on offense?

Thus keeping our high powered offense off the field. If a lot of teams can find a way to win the time of possession battle that is, by far, the best defensive gameplan against our offense.

They say it all the time the best way to stop a great offense, and win, is to keep said great offense off the field.