The Use of Trick Plays in 2023

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was it me or was there more thought into not using trick plays during certain points of the drive this past season. Previous seasons, seeing a double reverse on the 10 yard line as we're trying to score, only to see it get blown up for a 9 yard loss! Trick plays are ok, but they have to be used at the right points in a game. Did anyone else notices the decline in trick plays this season on offense? Please give your thoughts

Surfguy

Reaction score
We need flea flickers and fake punts. But, I'm not sure I trust the execution. I trust the execution when other teams do it against us. We got burned by some fake punts this last season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was it me or was there more thought into not using trick plays during certain points of the drive this past season. Previous seasons, seeing a double reverse on the 10 yard line as we're trying to score, only to see it get blown up for a 9 yard loss! Trick plays are ok, but they have to be used at the right points in a game. Did anyone else notices the decline in trick plays this season on offense? Please give your thoughts
I have no idea how much thought the team put into not using trick plays ...

I assume it was something like the amount of thought I put into not doing U-Turns on a busy street,

shabazz

Reaction score
Let's see if they can actually run a WR screen play successfully before they move on to the big boy stuff

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's see if they can actually run a WR screen play successfully before they move on to the big boy stuff
JEEBUS LOL why are we the only team who can't run this?? EVERY TIME it's for 2 yards if that!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need flea flickers and fake punts. But, I'm not sure I trust the execution. I trust the execution when other teams do it against us. We got burned by some fake punts this last season.
ALL THE TIME!!!! We do it, FLAG holding lol

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When trick plays/onside kicks/fake punts work the coach has balls but he is classified as dumber than a rock when they fail.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore was no longer on the sideline.
kellen-moore.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you're noticing that then you're too focused on trick plays.

Mark

Reaction score
Yes because one game vs GB was the entire season of games
I don't think "trick plays" would have changed the result vs. Green Bay.
I apologize for failing to grasp your overarching reasoning.

Did not the GB game end the season, and erase all the benefits of having achieved a successful 12-5 campaign? Do you really think an in-season "trick play" or two would have changed the ultimate outcome we sadly witnessed? Bottom line is that no "trick play" would have saved the Cowboys' from what was an embarrassing early playoff blowout at the hands of a team that should have been whipped in Arlington.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would prefer to execute on 3rd and 1.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who needs trick plays in a league where 75% of teams can't field a competitive defense?
I love trick plays, but I'll happily settle for a well drilled, disciplined, balanced offense who can compete against a solid defense and be competitive.
WE ARE NOT THERE.
WE HAVE ROAD BLOCKS.
We have trouble managing the game for crying out loud.