The Way That I See It, The Offseason Edition

CoachD

Reaction score
Now that McCarthy is coming back and most likely Quinn as well (you'd be an idiot to hire that man as your head coach) this is what I think will take place going into next season. The Cowboys are going to lose a few guys in free agency which is fine because that's what a lot of players do in sports nowadays, however, like usual they won't sign anyone from another team during the first wave of FA (we like our guys approach) but they might make a lame trade and wait a long time and sign someone from the bottom of the barrel just to have a camp body. Then the draft will come in April and like usual the Cowboys will draft well and get guys that will help the team right away but after that it gets ugly. By mid-season the Cowboys will be in total collapse mode and they'll end up quitting on themselves and their head coach and this is when Jerry will make a change at head coach giving the job to Quinn on an interim basis. Yes next year will be painful and will most likely end up being one of the worst and a fight for the bottom of the division will be in play along with a top 10 pick in 2025.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I wasn’t surprised at what happened, I predicted in a few threads that the “fool’s gold” D (a defense predicated on turnovers) doesn’t work against well coached teams that you face in the playoffs, and that the one dimensional offense would be stopped.

- They still can’t stop the run despite saying it would be addressed in the offseason in each of the last three years

- They are a one dimensional offense with only one reliable receiver, and no running game to set up play action pass

- They are still so undisciplined they are amongst the most penalized teams in the league for the third straight season

I agree, I feel like they won’t address any of the above and the team will implode mid-season. Again.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
There has not been a repeat Divisional winner in the NFC East in over a decade. If the streak continues-Dallas at best will be a wildcard team and on the road for the playoffs-if they even make it. Jerry will keep McCarthy for another year. Dak will be our quarterback for at least one more season. And the fans will be still supporting this worthless ORG.... Dak has Jerry like a python has a rabbit. Not to many options for escape. That would mean few if any dollars for free-agency. That doesn't even include CeeDee's money and maybe an early Micah deal. That's why I said blow it up. Start over. It's going to happen sooner then Later. 59 million reasons Dak will stay for another year. Look for a complete tear down in 2025.....Might as well take next year off as a Dallas fan....The re-tool should of started this year. OR given a great coach one year under these misfits- then a rebuild if it doesn't work. Now we have a lame duck coach trying to save his job for one more season. I've never seen a lame duck coach ever get another contract except in Dallas. Garrett......:facepalm: