The Way That I See It

CoachD

Reaction score
So it's the last week of the regular season and the Cowboys have a shot at the division and the number 2 seed by beating the "Commanders". Everything is on the line this week and with a win the Cowboys will get to play not one but two home playoff games as long as they win the first one but they gotta take care of business first. The "Commanders" on the other hand have absolutely nothing to play for with the exception of a very high draft pick come April and at the end of the game (or maybe a day later) Ron Rivera will be out of a job. The thing that bothers me about this game is that last year the Cowboys played the "Commanders" week 18 and they took them and Sam Howell way too lightly and guess what they lost so there is that to think about. The Cowboys need to play this game like they're trying to get into the playoffs and play their hearts out because this means a lot going into the playoffs especially in the run game where the Cowboys have been awful at running the ball and stopping the run so they better get their spit together Sunday afternoon. If the Cowboys aren't able to run the ball the Cowboys will use their other weapons like Dak, Lamb, Ferguson, and Cooks to put up points and they shouldn't have any problem doing that come Sunday. So with that being said of course I like the Cowboys because they are the much better team and have a lot more to play for.

Cowboys 38
"Commanders" 13

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't wait for the game to get here and start. Going to be a lot of games this weekend with playoff implications.
12 games with playoff seeding or qualifications in play

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it's the last week of the regular season and the Cowboys have a shot at the division and the number 2 seed by beating the "Commanders". Everything is on the line this week and with a win the Cowboys will get to play not one but two home playoff games as long as they win the first one but they gotta take care of business first. The "Commanders" on the other hand have absolutely nothing to play for with the exception of a very high draft pick come April and at the end of the game (or maybe a day later) Ron Rivera will be out of a job. The thing that bothers me about this game is that last year the Cowboys played the "Commanders" week 18 and they took them and Sam Howell way too lightly and guess what they lost so there is that to think about. The Cowboys need to play this game like they're trying to get into the playoffs and play their hearts out because this means a lot going into the playoffs especially in the run game where the Cowboys have been awful at running the ball and stopping the run so they better get their spit together Sunday afternoon. If the Cowboys aren't able to run the ball the Cowboys will use their other weapons like Dak, Lamb, Ferguson, and Cooks to put up points and they shouldn't have any problem doing that come Sunday. So with that being said of course I like the Cowboys because they are the much better team and have a lot more to play for.

Cowboys 38
"Commanders" 13
lol @ "Commanders"

Ron Rivera decided to go with Sam Howell over Jacoby Brissett (link) to get a final evaluation of what Howell and Terry McLaurin. Both players have been projected as key offensive pieces in Washington's future. The front office may likely want one more pre-draft look to help construct its offseason player acquisition strategy.

In my opinion, three quarters or a full game participation from Howell and McLaurin shall serve as one sign of Washington (e.g. front office and coaching) trying to win the game. I think the opposite might be true if both do not see any playing time after the half.

This particular gameday thread may prove extra interesting. Some members' opinions have been more invested in what they believe Washington 'should' do and less concerned with the Cowboys possibly bumbling away its #2 postseason seed.

yentl911

Reaction score
I am not taking this game lightly. This is a division game and we can throw out the records, talent levels of each team and coaching. We better show up prepared and ready to play. This is the biggest game of the year IMO.

Aven8

Reaction score
Can't wait for the game to get here and start. Going to be a lot of games this weekend with playoff implications.
12 games with playoff seeding or qualifications in play
Yep. Hopefully we can relax that evening and watch Buffalo/Miami in peace

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to rest some guys in the second half. Jump on them early and they'll throw in the towel. They're already packed up to go home, anyway.

But if the Cowboys let them hang around they'll stay motivated (Don't hit me with draft position. Players don't care about that). Gut punches, early & often.