The way to beat the Giants

Sandman

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this and I think the best chance we have is an unbalanced line with an extra tackle brought in and running the ball down the Giants throats. Use 2 WR sets and pick your shots to go deep and creep the TE over the deep middle. Be conservation and keep it close til the 4th - then open the offense up after the Defense has been beat down. This game will only be won by our offensive line, if they do not have thier best game of the year - Dallas will lose.
:starspin

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
When is Felix going to be back? With Felix the Cat and Barber, we literally could run all day on any team, including the Giants. And probably win!

This is tough losing Felix and Tony at the same time.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
the only way we win this game is if Willie Blade is lowered from a helicopter onto the middle of the field and proceeds to sharting all over the Giants

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Line up McQ as a TE and even full back occasionally, move him around. I'm all for the extra protection but I'm not sure these guys can handle the "confusion."

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2380285 said:
When is Felix going to be back? With Felix the Cat and Barber, we literally could run all day on any team, including the Giants. And probably win!

This is tough losing Felix and Tony at the same time.

Kosier, Romo, Felix, TNew all should be back after the bye.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Brad has to challenge NY deep. We need a gameplan like Tenn last night. We have to be able to keep NY off balance and throw on first down some. Johnson's lack of accuracy intermediate and deep worry me just as much as his immobility.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
If we don't turn it over, we can win. even without about 8 starters, we match up well against them. I still don't think Manning is an elite QB and I hope we force him to beat us.

BadKarma

Reaction score
From what I've seen in the last two games, Brad Johnson seems to go through his progressions too quickly, not giving his receivers the chance to run their routes. Usually, Romo will go through two or three receivers before he checks down. Brad attempts to look off the defenders in the general direction of one receiver before deciding on checking down...like he's unsure if he can make the throw before deciding on an outlet.

Obviously, regardless of who's under the center, he'll be seeing 8-man fronts all day. Too bad Felix is out for this game because he'd probably have factored in significantly.

JPM

Reaction score
zeromaster;2380332 said:
Unfortunately it is a challenge for Brad to go deep...
deep as in anything over 5 yards.

yentl911

Reaction score
I think we NEED to run the ball effectively to have any chance at all. I think using an unbalanced line or different packages are a great point or suggestion. We need to change our approach....actually I wish we would have changed our approach a few weeks ago. We are becoming to predictable.

Our O-Line needs to be physical and drive the G-Men off the ball. I haven;t see this group play with a chip on their shoulders until last week. Columbo plays mean and I think the rest of these guys need to follow suit.