There are no stupid questions...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Oh yes there are....

I was just listening to Ed Randall's radio show...he asks every cliche question in the book and half of them are not going to be answered by anyone during an interview.

So...post your favorite dumb interview question.

I'll start.

A team has qualified for the playoffs waiting to see who their opponent is going to be...and the dumb question asked of the player from that team is, "Which team would you prefer to play?"

Duh.

jamez25

Reaction score
reporter to Doug Williams at the Super Bowl: " how long have you been a black quarterback ? "....something like that.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Tom Brookshire after the Super Bowl asking Duane Thomas: "Are you really that fast?"

Thomas' reply: "Evidently."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not quite an interview question, but it's the family joke now..

Classic from my 12-yr old sister. She was cleaning up my spare bdrm.

Seriously she asks, "Where's the electronic thingy you use to pick up dirt?"

My response looking at her like she's stupid, "The vacuum cleaner?"

Hers, "Yeaaah, that's it. I couldn't remember the name of it."

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Lisa Guerro asking the Wash qb how he felt about playing against former teamates Laverneous Coles. The look on his face was classic.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got to thinking about it and I've asked several stupid question while I was doing the freelance writing thing. I was interviewing the former fashion editor for Essence magazine and I had run out of questions, so I asked her when was the best time to wear white.

I interviewed Loretta Devine (actress) and asked her how often she comes to Houston or some weird question related to Houston. She said "I'm from there. Born and raised. Went to UH" I'm thinking da** I should've known that and then her tone suggested I should've known that.

And don't even ask about the times I had to interview some of the local rappers. Ugh. Talk about a waste of time and writing energy.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
"There are no stupid questions."

"Can I get taste loss froma fooseball table?"

"I stand corrected, that was a stupid question." :D