There is no way we don't raid the chargers roster

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we didnt go after dielman. And if Wade Phillips see's a need for it even restricted free agent shaun Phillips. Even if he gets a first round tender, he'd probably be worth it.

Then there is also donnie edwards to fill the inside of our linebacking corps. i wouldn't leave it just to bradie james, even after paying him. i'd bring edwards in on like a 2-3 year contract.

As for drew bennett following his receivers coach here, i really couldnt see that happening unless we drop T.O. And unless we drafted a receiver high (like first round, which would mean not getting Phillips), I'd be pretty rip**** at that. If we got Bennett we would at least have to sign another receiver better than him, and that would defeat the purpose. He is a 3rd receiver at best. Especially on this team. I'd prefer Crayton over him.

BLT

Reaction score
i dont know if it will be the high profile players you mentioned but almost all coaches like to bring in some of their old players that know the system and that the coach is familiar with.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i cant stand drew bennett....leave him in Tennessee....Sorry Vince....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Galian Beast;1381471 said:
I'd be surprised if we didnt go after dielman. And if Wade Phillips see's a need for it even restricted free agent shaun Phillips. Even if he gets a first round tender, he'd probably be worth it.

no he isnt...he's a nice player, but he was a nobody before last yr...he appears to be worth it to some now because the system he was in made him look good

we have Shaun Phillips type players here already...now we finally have a system similar to what he was in, so we'll see guys already here get those kinds of results

Bobby Carpenter will probably be a stud in Wade's scheme...no need to go wasting huge dollars and draft picks to get another OLB

David

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd try to get Dielman and then call it a day.

I would take a look at Polk if he came cheaply enough. He has talent, but has been hampered by injury. But this team has plenty of linebacker depth already.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Donnie Edwards was /is on my list to replace James, but If Dat can get Bradie to play like he did in 05 then, then bringing in Edwards is unnecessary. Dielman would be very very nice.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Chargers UFAs....

C Cory Withrow
OG Kris Dielman
OG Jordan Leander
LB Randall Godfrey
LB Carlos Polk

Chargers RFAs....

RB Michael Turner
TE Ryan Krause