There's no such thing as building anything

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The concept of “building something” is lazy and double speak to mean “hang with us and maybe we’ll get lucky?”

Mike McCarthy and dak Prescott are very good at their jobs, probably better at their jobs than I am. I’m a school bus driver for children. I routinely skip stops if I’m behind on schedule.

We’ve seen the best of this group. They’ve completely mollywhalloped the Washington football club and the New York football club. We should’ve had a blast with This season. We beat those guys 40-0 in a complete laugher.

So why do so many in this fan base feel terrible about this season? Why can’t we enjoy any of the bright spots? It’s because nothing has been built.

This is a league of salary cap. And injuries. And ageing.

You can build a new patio and a hot tub.
but the chimney and the water heater need replacing too at the same time.

Next year will jsut be a collection of random transactions.

Oops on the running back position this year. Oops on defensive tackle. Next year they’ll look to get some names at those spots.

But you’ll turn around and realize you’ve got an oops at tackle and right center and left punter and god knows what did else.

This is a league is salary cap. And injuries. And ageing. And it’s also a league of moments.

We don’t ask for much. We jsut want a moment. So many moments haven’t gone our way. Whether it be the romo hold. The dez catch. The Rodgers scramble. The niners clock blunder. The packers beat down. So many heartbreaks and nothing really thrilling or consequential. It feels like a hobby that makes you feel dumb and annoyed not excited and joyed. Is anyone still reading this? We’ve wasted the careers of ware and witten.

Something feels wrong. What do we do to get serious ? I’m not happy. Makes me want to weight train to see if I can help out in some way. What position do you guys need me at? Thanks for reading

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The concept of “building something” is lazy and double speak to mean “hang with us and maybe we’ll get lucky?”

Mike McCarthy and dak Prescott are very good at their jobs, probably better at their jobs than I am. I’m a school bus driver for children. I routinely skip stops if I’m behind on schedule.

We’ve seen the best of this group. They’ve completely mollywhalloped the Washington football club and the New York football club. We should’ve had a blast with This season. We beat those guys 40-0 in a complete laugher.

So why do so many in this fan base feel terrible about this season? Why can’t we enjoy any of the bright spots? It’s because nothing has been built.

Oops on the running back position this year. Oops on defensive tackle. Next year they’ll look to get some names at those spots.

But you’ll turn around and realize you’ve got an oops at tackle and right center and left punter and god knows what did else.

This is a league is salary cap. And injuries. And ageing. And it’s also a league of moments.

We don’t ask for much. We jsut want a moment. So many moments haven’t gone our way. Whether it be the romo hold. The dez catch. The Rodgers scramble. The niners clock blunder. The packers beat down. So many heartbreaks and nothing really thrilling or consequential. It feels like a hobby that makes you feel dumb and annoyed not excited and joyed. Is anyone still reading this? We’ve wasted the careers of ware and witten.

Something feels wrong. What do we do to get serious ? I’m not happy. Makes me want to weight train to see if I can help out in some way. What position do you guys need me at? Thanks for reading
I am down about the team too...

Mannix

Reaction score

We don't EVER take risk which is weird because our GM is the owner and cannot be fired....if anyone could afford to take risk with zero repercussion, it would be Booger...but yet he doesn't. Gotta stay relevant....every second, and every minute, of every day and year. Pathetic!!!

Jayinem

Reaction score

You mean kids wait at bus stops for you and you don't show up? Shameful

Staubacher

Reaction score

You ditch kids at the bus stop LOLOL

jwitten82

Reaction score
But I do agree, there's always gonna be a weakness on teams, you just have to overcome and Dak has proven he can't. Next year, people will blame something else. If we fix our linebackers, they'll blame the safeties, if we fix our running game then they'll blame the OC for being predictable

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't EVER take risk which is weird because our GM is the owner and cannot be fired....if anyone could afford to take risk with zero repercussion, it would be Booger...but yet he doesn't. Gotta stay relevant....every second, and every minute, of every day and year. Pathetic!!!
Jerry talked about being a gambler, taking risk, being a wild catter.
And being in Texas, he will not play hold 'em and go all in when he needs to. That is not a gambler. He best do it now while this core team is together. Because that window is closing.

Cmac

Reaction score
Did my man just say he skips stops when he’s late?
Yep.....he sacrifices Little Debbie and Ricky, leaving them crying and Mother's angry. Sound like our franchise.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL, i like close to the end when you asked, "is anyone still reading this?"....Yeah, tough times. And we feel your pain.

BTW, sense of humor is everything if you're gonna follow Jerry's team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm afraid to look in some of ya'lls medicine cabinet :lmao:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
school-bus-fail-funny-fails.jpg