These guys were good...

JonCJG

Reaction score
Not as good as Derek Ross. That kid was special. Now he's special behind bars. :(

Mash

Reaction score
thanks I miss those days....

Bledsoe throwing to Owens doesnt feel right seeing them in Cowboy uniforms....

Making the playoffs with Carter that year was exciting for me....not much talent on that team...but I like seeing a Qb...RB...WR...all drafted by the boys playing...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Good at what? Letting the team down or throwing the jersey on the gorund or in the HC's face?

I wish them well, but good riddance.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Good at what? Letting the team down or throwing the jersey on the gorund or in the HC's face?

I wish them well, but good riddance.

I don't think people really appreciate how good Bryant was at throwing his jersey in the coaches face. Any other player would have received a large fine or cut on the spot. Bryant received a small fine, which amounted to a small slap on the wrist. He really was not punished until traded near the trade dead line. By then it was not much of a punishment because all it did was get him got out of trying to catch poorly thrown Vinny T passes.

I really wish Bryant could have turned out differently in Dallas. He didn't. Can't worry about that any more.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I don't think people really appreciate how good Bryant was at throwing his jersey in the coaches face. Any other player would have received a large fine or cut on the spot. Bryant received a small fine, which amounted to a small slap on the wrist. He really was not punished until traded near the trade dead line. By then it was not much of a punishment because all it did was get him got out of trying to catch poorly thrown Vinny T passes.

I really wish Bryant could have turned out differently in Dallas. He didn't. Can't worry about that any more.
I wish all of our Draft picks turned out good. These guys didn't. Bryant throwing his jersey on the ground effectively ended any care I had for him. By the time we did trade him I had long since closed the book on that sad chapter.

superpunk

Reaction score
Where's the clip of AB throwing a fit after Smith missed him in the STL game?

Or the clip of Carter rolling one up at his house?

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
joseephuss said:

He was actually 'punished' (the trade) because he refused to get off the field before a play that called for him to be on the sidelines. We were forced to call a time out to avoid a delay of game penalty. That was the last straw, not the Jersey throwing incident.

In the end BP was not all that bothered by the whole Jersey thing (by his own admission), but if ya mess with BP's game DURING the season, its a whole different story.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
2003 was a fun season.

We had nothing to lose and everyone had written us off from the the start [3 years of 5-11 will do that...]

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Yes, yes, these guys were good.... for me to poop on!!

triumph.bmp

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All the talent...little brain. If those players would have just learned how to be a professional player...who knows?

Did you see AB last night...he gets frustrated and confused alot, and the coaches have to come and calm him down...and QC, well...what can you say that has not been said...

He "coulda been a contender..."

Stupid is, as stupid does...! (they should have not watched Forrest Gump...run, Forrest...run fast...run...)

The good thing is...they will be OK, somewhere...but they will be OK.

Lifes a bthic and then...you carry on...