Think Houston might be willing to give us a 3rd?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
There isn't anyone who is likely to be on the board at 11 that would keep me from picking up a 3rd to move down 2 spots. In the event Alex Barron is still on the board at 11 Houston might be willing to give up a 3rd to guarantee they fill a position of need at LT. If so, our first day could look something like this:

13- David Pollack, DE Georgia
20- trade down to 31 with Philadelphia for their 2nd
31- Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas (alternates Reggie Brown, WR, GA, Roddy White, WR, UAB)
42- Barret Ruud, ILB, Nebraska, (alternates Channing Crowder, ILB, FL, Darryl Blackstock, OLB, VA)
63- (from Phil) Josh Bullocks, FS, Nebraska
78- (from Houston) Mike Munoz, OT, Tennesee

If that happened, day 2 could look something like this:

109- Atiyyah Ellison, DT, Missouri
148- Cedric Houston, RB, Tennessee
208- Antwaun Rogers, DB, Purdue
209- Jim Davis, DE, V Tech
224- Madison Hedgecock, FB, NC

I can't wait for draft day!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If we trade down with Philly, I would want their 2nd from Miami...Much higher 2nd...maybe 34 or 35...

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Philly would trade with us unless they are getting the better end of the deal. Most teams don't trade with teams in their own division.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
There isn't anyone who is likely to be on the board at 11 that would keep me from picking up a 3rd to move down 2 spots. In the event Alex Barron is still on the board at 11 Houston might be willing to give up a 3rd to guarantee they fill a position of need at LT. If so, our first day could look something like this:

13- David Pollack, DE Georgia
20- trade down to 31 with Philadelphia for their 2nd
31- Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas (alternates Reggie Brown, WR, GA, Roddy White, WR, UAB)
42- Barret Ruud, ILB, Nebraska, (alternates Channing Crowder, ILB, FL, Darryl Blackstock, OLB, VA)
63- (from Phil) Josh Bullocks, FS, Nebraska
78- (from Houston) Mike Munoz, OT, Tennesee

If that happened, day 2 could look something like this:

109- Atiyyah Ellison, DT, Missouri
148- Cedric Houston, RB, Tennessee
208- Antwaun Rogers, DB, Purdue
209- Jim Davis, DE, V Tech
224- Madison Hedgecock, FB, NC

I can't wait for draft day!

At 13.....I take Ware or Spears. This would be ideal with getting Ware and the third.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
jswalker1981 said:
I seriously doubt that Philly would trade with us unless they are getting the better end of the deal. Most teams don't trade with teams in their own division.

Exactly. You don't ever strengthen a division rival, paricularly in the early rounds. There are incidences of trades involving players and later round picks, but that's more a matter of experimentation. It's just not likely to occur.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
if barron is there at 11.....would ya'll mind if the Boyz took him instead of trading down ?.....larry allen isnt getting any younger. just a thought

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
Philly won't trade with us... division rivals.

Why is Houston giving us a 3rd? To get ahead of san Diego who probably isn't picking Barron? I mean they COULD pick Barron but i think D is more likely with a DE or CB and my second choice would be a WR like Williamson.

I just don't think there is that much of a chance that SD takes Barron... now if they indicate at some point that that is there intention than maybe.

Now STL is a team that might be willing to move up for Barron.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
If the player Philly picked at #20 turned into a stud, it would set us up for a decade of ridicule. I think we have to trade in front of Philly to get Jones.

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
poke said:
if barron is there at 11.....would ya'll mind if the Boyz took him instead of trading down ?.....larry allen isnt getting any younger. just a thought

Except Barron is a LT/RT and Allen is a G.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
poke said:

Put me down for a big NO.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
poke said:
Why??? Do we plan on taking a GUARD at 11??? Barron is a tackle, not a guard. If we draft a tackle it will be a right tackle so that we don't have to move Flozell to RT and Rogers in at LT. I would rather move Flo, insert Rogers then spend a 1st day pick on a RT. There isn't much depth to the position this year. Another possibility is to wait to see who is cut after the draft. I have heard that the Eagles might release Runyan, who I would love to have over here.

TLW47

Reaction score
I don't think Pollack is worth the no.13 pick..gosh I hope they don't pick him first.

The Cowboys are so bad at drafting I don't even watch. Too frustrating.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
TLW47 said:
I don't think Pollack is worth the no.13 pick..gosh I hope they don't pick him first.

The Cowboys are so bad at drafting I don't even watch. Too frustrating.
Roy Williams, Al Johnson, Jason Witten, T-Newman, Julius Jones......it's been getting much better. Start watching again, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.....

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Jarv said:
If we trade down with Philly, I would want their 2nd from Miami...Much higher 2nd...maybe 34 or 35...

That's not even close to a fair trade. On points the trade to 31 for their 2nd is even. Normally I'd agree that division foes would avoid doing business but this would be an even swap. Philly is a likely candidate because they have 13 draft picks, which is more than they will end up using.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
At 13.....I take Ware or Spears. This would be ideal with getting Ware and the third.

If Bill Parcells takes Ware that early I will be shocked. Parcells is very conservative with early round picks in terms of taking guys from major conferences. Ware IMO is a much bigger risk than Pollack. Alcorn State ain't Georgia. Pollack has been one of the most productive players in college football for the past three years and he's done it against top competition. He can also play DE in a 4-3 which Ware cannot. We will not be going full time to a 3-4 next year so Pollack is the better fit right now.

I like Spears and he would be an ok choice IMO at 13. But it means we'd be looking more for a Tuck or Blackstock at 42 in my scenario.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:
If the player Philly picked at #20 turned into a stud, it would set us up for a decade of ridicule. I think we have to trade in front of Philly to get Jones.

If Parcells is able to move to 13 and gets the player he wants there he'll probably call every team from 27-32 and ask if they want to move up to 20 for their 1st and 2nd unless there's an absolute steal at 20. Who knows who will bite. You're right though- it's better for us if someone ahead of Philly says yes.