Thirty years ago on this date the Cowboys made it back to back titles

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

I honestly thought the Cowboys we going to win at least 5-6 super bowls in a row after that game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Aikman was concussed in the NFC title game and I am not sure he'd have even been cleared to play in the SB under today's protocols. He clearly wasn't himself.

It wouldn't have mattered. Dallas would've beaten them the same way with Kosar at QB: defense, Emmitt, and the Great Wall. Buffalo couldn't hang for 4 quarters.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Aikman was concussed in the NFC title game and I am not sure he'd have even been cleared to play in the SB under today's protocols. He clearly wasn't himself.

It wouldn't have mattered. Dallas would've beaten them the same way with Kosar at QB: defense, Emmitt, and the Great Wall. Buffalo couldn't hang for 4 quarters.
Couple of fun facts that come to mind…

On the Aikman concussion…that year they used two bye weeks during the season but no week off in between the CG and SB. We were lucky to have Aikman that day.

They lost in that building to the Falcons earlier that year…the only time that team got truly smoked all season.

That was the best of those teams IMO.

15-0 with Emmitt Smith, 0-4 without. He started the aforementioned Atlanta game but was injured after one carry for zero yards. He missed the Lett game four days later and also the first two with the holdout.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
They definitely would have won four straight had they not started so badly in the 1994 NFC Title game at San Fran. The Cowboys would have whipped up on the Chargers in Super Bowl 29 like the 49ers did.
If Jimmy was still coach we would have blown SF out that game and probably gone 14-2 or 15-1 in the regular season in 94.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That team was cut from a different cloth. Even when they weren't at their best they found a way to get the job done on the biggest stage.

An example of a head coach, who all the players identified with and ran through walls for.

Good luck Mike McCarthy.