This could impact us in several ways...

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
from Great Blue North Draft Report

Trade buzz updated...While most of the draft trade focus is on San Diego and the Chargers attempt to salvage something from the #1 pick overall at this year's draft, Oakland and Cleveland have reportedly had some serious talks about the #2 pick, although the two sides are not believed to be all that close to a deal. In particular, the Browns reportedly are willing to part with their top pick in 2005, along with a couple of 2004 late round selections, for the right to swap the 2nd and 7th picks - and presmably acquire Iowa OT Robert Gallery with the #2 pick - but are reluctant to give up any other high picks in this year's draft. And that's likely what it will take to make that kind of move. San Diego, for example, is believed to be asking for the Giants, 2nd, 4th and 6th round picks to move up from the 4th pick to the first...meanwhile, Jacksonville and Detroit have reportedly chatted about a swap of the 6th and 9th picks with Jaguars' franchised SS Donovan Darius as part of the compensation package; that deal, though is likely conditional on Texas WR Roy Williams being on the board when the Lions hit the clock for the 6th pick. Detroit, in fact, may be working harder than any team in the league to work a trade down on Saturday; the Lions reportedly would like to move down to a spot where Oregon State RB Steven Jackson would be better value. And the rumors that New England wants to find a way to move up into the top 5 to get Miami FS Sean Taylor continue to percolate. One scenario making the rounds has the Patriots attempting to move up from the 32nd pick to somewhere in the 18-22 range and then packaging that selection with the 21st overall, acquired from Baltimore at last April's draft, to get into the elite ranks...In fact, the Patriots could find a trading partner in division-rival Miami, which doesn't have a 2nd rounder, but which would like to move down from the 20th pick to recoup that #2 pick. Minnesota, which also wants to move down from the 19th pick, could also figure in the mix with the Patriots.

THe Lions noving down could be bad news for SJ fans, but the Pats might be intersted in moving their 32 pick for our #22 pick. Could be good/bad, depending on your perspective.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Come on dog no lying on this new site, why in the world would Jax give them or have Darius, who is a pro bowl safety part of the deal if they are trading their #9 pick for a # 6... No more lies dog....that's not even a rumor that u talking.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Q_the_man said:
Come on dog no lying on this new site, why in the world would Jax give them or have Darius, who is a pro bowl safety part of the deal if they are trading their #9 pick for a # 6... No more lies dog....that's not even a rumor that u talking.

I have no reason to lie. I'm simply relaying a report I found at the Great Blue North Draft Report. www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

I would never try to mislead anybody here. I would like to see Jackson come here, but I'm not sure how this first round will shake down. If I get information that could possibly impact our pick, then I'll post it. What you choose to believe is up to you.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Thanks PP appreciate the post. Was there even a need for that post Q ? Lighten up man, he had a link (source) so he was just informing us that it could be true and could impact our draft.