CFZ This could work

erod

Reaction score
The prevailing thought I had last night...."Good gosh, we're almost the Seattle Seahawks."

Dan Quinn is giddy. He freaking loves this, toying with offenses like they're a middling team in the WAC. He's got his pet beast in Micah, who is just wreaking so much havoc and distraction that it's a free-for-all for everybody else. Quinn's got his safeties, who are crashing down like a bunch of mini Kam Chancellors. He's got corners who can man cover, especially when they only have to do so for 2-3 seconds. All centered on the closest thing to Lawrence Taylor since LT himself.

And better yet, I think he has a head coach to partner with that understands this fully.

Mike McCarthy seems quite aware of how to play this hand of cards. Keep it simple. Take a few shots, but just run the ball and get it out quick. Don't *** it up, and don't get too cute. Use your dudes, and get them in situations quickly to make plays. Take care of the ball, eat some clock, score a few touchdowns and kick a couple of field goals. Otherwise, stay out of the way.

And let this defense eat. That's going to work against just about everybody. This team can win 13-10 football games with this group. And they can win 30-24 when they have to. They can play the game you want to play as long as it's not wide open.

There's been so much hype about the Giants, I thought maybe I was missing something. Why? Who'd they really add? The answer was clear that his was just big NYC hyperbole from an unlikely playoff run last year. The Giants are down, 78-7, their past two games. They can't play with the big boys.

This is quite clearly going to be a race between San Fran, Philly, and Dallas. Not sure who might join that fray, but probably nobody. Maybe Detroit. We'll see.

And so here we are. Aaron Rodgers is in trouble next week because his offensive line sucks, too. The Cardinals after, lol, bring the body bags. It's going to be about two games against Philly, one in San Francisco, and then Philly and San Fran in the playoffs. The rest is table dressing. Injuries aside, of course, as the caveat in football.

Quinn and McCarthy know this. Three teams with elite defenses, with it all coming down to which offense can perform in the playoffs. I'm glad Dallas gets to play them both in the regular season to get a barometer on it. Dallas has an easier schedule than Philly, so the Cowboys had BETTER win this division and secure the best position they can in the playoffs.

Personally, I love dominant defensive football than any other style. The feeling of just emasculating teams like last night is pure football joy.

Yes, this could work. Can't wait.

Ken

Reaction score
The prevailing thought I had last night...."Good gosh, we're almost the Seattle Seahawks."

Dan Quinn is giddy. He freaking loves this, toying with offenses like they're a middling team in the WAC. He's got his pet beast in Micah, who is just wreaking so much havoc and distraction that it's a free-for-all for everybody else. Quinn's got his safeties, who are crashing down like a bunch of mini Kam Chancellors. He's got corners who can man cover, especially when they only have to do so for 2-3 seconds. All centered on the closest thing to Lawrence Taylor since LT himself.

And better yet, I think he has a head coach to partner with that understands this fully.

Mike McCarthy seems quite aware of how to play this hand of cards. Keep it simple. Take a few shots, but just run the ball and get it out quick. Don't *** it up, and don't get too cute. Use your dudes, and get them in situations quickly to make plays. Take care of the ball, eat some clock, score a few touchdowns and kick a couple of field goals. Otherwise, stay out of the way.

And let this defense eat. That's going to work against just about everybody. This team can win 13-10 football games with this group. And they can win 30-24 when they have to. They can play the game you want to play as long as it's not wide open.

There's been so much hype about the Giants, I thought maybe I was missing something. Why? Who'd they really add? The answer was clear that his was just big NYC hyperbole from an unlikely playoff run last year. The Giants are down, 78-7, their past two games. They can't play with the big boys.

This is quite clearly going to be a race between San Fran, Philly, and Dallas. Not sure who might join that fray, but probably nobody. Maybe Detroit. We'll see.

And so here we are. Aaron Rodgers is in trouble next week because his offensive line sucks, too. The Cardinals after, lol, bring the body bags. It's going to be about two games against Philly, one in San Francisco, and then Philly and San Fran in the playoffs. The rest is table dressing. Injuries aside, of course, as the caveat in football.

Quinn and McCarthy know this. Three teams with elite defenses, with it all coming down to which offense can perform in the playoffs. I'm glad Dallas gets to play them both in the regular season to get a barometer on it. Dallas has an easier schedule than Philly, so the Cowboys had BETTER win this division and secure the best position they can in the playoffs.

Personally, I love dominant defensive football than any other style. The feeling of just emasculating teams like last night is pure football joy.

Only thing I will disagree with is Philly having a dominant defense. They are WEAK up the middle. Their LBs are JAGS (especially if Dean is down for any amount of time with that foot injury yesterday) and I would take any of our safeties over the Eagles starting safeties.

I also think Bradbury is going to be exposed because their pass rush and safety play isn't going to be quite what it was last year and their backup corners are suspect.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
If this Dallas Cowboys team can't make the NFC Championship, I give up. So long as Micah, CeeDee, Dak, Tony, Tyron, Trevon, and Zack are healthy in the playoffs, there is no reason not to make it that far. And if Dak is what holds us back, it'll be time for him to go.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
We'll know when the Cowboys have to play a real quarterback in good weather. Next week should tell us a lot.
Aaron Rodgers is not a good quarterback anymore... or at least the QB we've seen eat us alive over the past 10 years.

Proof

Reaction score
Great post. As someone who has had a morbid fascination w/ what the giants have had going on, I thought they'd be pretty good. Obviously last years team overachieved, but I thought it was sustainable given they got some wr depth back, added a playmaker in Waller, have one of the elite LT's, thought evan neal would progress (lol) they added a center everyone in the draft loved, picked up an athletic freak that wink could potentially salvage for a song in Simmons, and really liked banks as a draft pick. Their DL is one of the best in the game, they've invested heavy draft capitol in the OL, added some skill players and have (what appeared to be) really solid coaching. So while I and others have likely grossly overestimated them, perhaps Dallas is just that good.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Based on what?
He doesn't take any shots deep, throws it away whenever there's a tight window for his receivers or there's pressure, and was abysmal (by his standards) without Davante Adams last season. Doesn't run the ball at all anymore, and isn't a threat to extend plays like he used to do in the past (remember 3rd and 21?).

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we win by 14 or more. We had him down 14 on the road last season, but gave the game away. This team is better than last year's team.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Great summary. "Monkey off the back" should be the theme next few weeks. Beat Rogers. Beat 49ers. Yes, I think Detroit will join the "Physical Trifecta" unfortunately, but we'll see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Defense is off the charts, but dont think that the pouring rain didnt help out our cause. Wont be a shut out like that every week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If this Dallas Cowboys team can't make the NFC Championship, I give up. So long as Micah, CeeDee, Dak, Tony, Tyron, Trevon, and Zack are healthy in the playoffs, there is no reason not to make it that far. And if Dak is what holds us back, it'll be time for him to go.
Doesnt matter how good we are. Are we better than the Niners and Eagles? Its a 3 horse race the way I see it. With a side of Detroit. We still have to beat one or both of the Niners, Eagles.

And will our Oline be healthy come playoff time? Injuries count.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Doesnt matter how good we are. Are we better than the Niners and Eagles? Its a 3 horse race the way I see it. With a side of Detroit. We still have to beat one or both of the Niners, Eagles.

And will our Oline be healthy come playoff time? Injuries count.
There is no reason this team should not at least make it to the NFC Championship. In order to do so, we need to be the No. 1 seed. If not, we face Philly and/or San Fran on the road, which I don't think we can overcome. This whole season hinges on how we do in the regular season.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
He beat us last year with a rag tag team.
On two Dak interceptions that appeared to be attributed to bad route running. And we were up 14 in that game. Now, we get him at home. Plus, he wasn't the reason they won that game.

erod

Reaction score
On two Dak interceptions that appeared to be attributed to bad route running. And we were up 14 in that game. Now, we get him at home. Plus, he wasn't the reason they won that game.
Wrong. He dismantled us late.

Good gosh, people. LOL