CFZ This Defense Is The Biggest Bunch of Front Runners

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's all fun and games when they are winning by 20 plus points. And can pin back and let loose against a one dimensional offense. Where they can take chances in the secondary. They look awesome.

But when it comes down to a close game and the opposing offense can also run the ball, this defense reverts to something terrible. They play timid. Don't make any plays. Not only that, it's considered a miracle and a win when they actually make the opposing team punt. They give up a ton of big plays, especially when it matters. They get abused up front. Over 200 on the ground to a weak Arizona offense led by Dobbs. They embarrassed this defense today.

This thread isn't about the offensive struggles. That is for all those other threads. This is about the defense. All we hear is how great they are going to be and carry this team. And they look great a few games at a time but every season, revert back to this. If you can only make plays when up a ton, that is the mark of being front runners.

This defense is tissue paper soft up front and terrible against the run as usual. We saw the Giants gashing the defense in game 1 but the game got so out of hand so quick, Giants couldn't stick to it.

Nexx

Reaction score
The defense was indisciplined. All the lineman wanted to do was rush the QB with no regards to keeping their containment in the run game. I’m tired of seeing LVE get washed out of a run play. We have bunch of divas who drank the cool aid.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This defense was the biggest disappointment for me today. This "vaunted" defense we've all been talking and hearing about, looked like the worst unit in the league today. It's not like we were playing the 07 Patriots. I get that we lost Diggs, and that hurts, but there is no excuse for them to look like that. I just do not understand why they continually struggle against backup QBs. It's the most insane thing to me.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
This defense was the biggest disappointment for me today. This "vaunted" defense we've all been talking and hearing about, looked like the worst unit in the league today. It's not like we were playing the 07 Patriots. I get that we lost Diggs, and that hurts, but there is no excuse for them to look like that. I just do not understand why they continually struggle against backup QBs. It's the most insane thing to me.
Yeah ive noticed that, every time its either super close or we get blown out. Its maddening, when its us with a backup we look predictably bad or anemic

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
How does a man get that wide open, in the fourth quarter of a tight game ? Dan Quinn , your defense sucked today, Mike McCarthy, your offense was non existent today, three runs from the ten ? Burn the tapes and come back tuesday

And Lets get after it again. Nothing like a good butt whippin to refocus.

Let's Go ! Cowboys Long Season ahead

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Defense is weak against the run, what’s new. This team can never stop the QB scramble and it does horrendously against teams with speed. Which is unfortunately considering we’re going up against some of the fastest teams in the league soon. I fear what players like Deebo and Tyreek are going to do to this offense. 70-20 might just be the beginning for Miami. As pathetic as this defense looked today, Miami may score 80 on it.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
The defense was indisciplined. All the lineman wanted to do was rush the QB with no regards to keeping their containment in the run game. I’m tired of seeing LVE get washed out of a run play. We have bunch of divas who drank the cool aid.
I thought i was the only one tired of seeing LVE get abused in the run game. BTW, Dan Quinn had a terrible game plan today.

Cydios

Reaction score
Give it to the Cards, they had the personell to block our pass rush. Now you can see what happens when we don't get hits on the QB.

kevm3

Reaction score
If this is what Dobbs did to us, I don't really want to see what Hurts will do. Don't even know if we can beat the 49ers.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The defense has been the reason why we've "been up a ton" in the first two games. There are going to be games where they don't get multiple turnovers for the offense to kick FGs with. Unfortunately this week they needed the offense to pull their weight and they failed miserably...can't crack 20 points against the Cardinals??? Abysmal

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
The defense has been the reason why we've "been up a ton" in the first two games. There are going to be games where they don't get multiple turnovers for the offense to kick FGs with. Unfortunately this week they needed the offense to pull their weight and they failed miserably...can't crack 20 points against the Cardinals??? Abysmal

Agree and this is where your top 10 QB has to come into play.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Three games into a seventeen-game season. We’re gonna find out much along the way. Dallas has some great players. Doesn’t help when they can’t play. Long season - good luck!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Helps if you play Daniel Jones and Zach Wilson and weak olines.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If this is what Dobbs did to us, I don't really want to see what Hurts will do. Don't even know if we can beat the 49ers.
You do realize Dobbs had only 65 yards passing in the first half when they had 180 rushing.