This draft is Top Heavy

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
I havent seen a weaker top of the draft in 5 years. With Bush, Leinart,Dbrikashaw, Young, Hawk,Davis and Williams as sure fire all pro players. But after that the projected first rounders are largely projects, players who switched position and guys who are really 2nd round talent.

I would love to see the Boys either Move up to grab an elite player or move down a few times to pick up more draft picks in the 2nd and 3rd round where the value is-ie Denver.

JMHO

burmafrd

Reaction score
Costs way too much to move into the top 10. Gotta agree that mostly after that you can get equal value in the second rd for most positions. But if we want real difference maker in LB we will need to stay in the first. Second rd choices are pretty much Burnett types- nothing really special.

dwmyers

Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
I havent seen a weaker top of the draft in 5 years. With Bush, Leinart,Dbrikashaw, Young, Hawk,Davis and Williams as sure fire all pro players. But after that the projected first rounders are largely projects, players who switched position and guys who are really 2nd round talent.

I would love to see the Boys either Move up to grab an elite player or move down a few times to pick up more draft picks in the 2nd and 3rd round where the value is-ie Denver.

JMHO

I've heard Pat Kirwan quoting NFL GMs that have said they would like to have 4 picks in the second round.. I don't think the draft is top heavy at all, as there isn't an extensive zone of value at the top. The things I hear suggest value is relatively flat from picks 15 through 60.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
I've heard Pat Kirwan quoting NFL GMs that have said they would like to have 4 picks in the second round.. I don't think the draft is top heavy at all, as there isn't an extensive zone of value at the top. The things I hear suggest value is relatively flat from picks 15 through 60.
Ditto.

Rayman

Reaction score
Seems like we hear this every year, yet somehow the draft continues to produce superstars.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Everything I read stated this year's draft class is actually pretty deep. There are always going to be a few elite players at the top of the draft, that doesnt make the draft top heavy. Overall there is alot of good players to be acquired in the first 3 rounds of this draft.

Woods

Reaction score
I think there is a LOT of talent to be had in the 2nd round especially.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ghettogandhi said:
I would love to see the Boys .......move down a few times to pick up more draft picks in the 2nd and 3rd round where the value is-ie Denver.
:hammer:

NorTex

Reaction score
Anyone of those sure-fire All-Pros could be busts. In fact, I'd bet that two of those guys will be busts....every year the draft is a crap shoot.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:

JMHO

isnt that a little contradictory?

i assume you mean it is a strong top 5?

but i agree 100% on dallas moving down w/ a team like denver

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
This draft has depth.

Think about Braylon, Alex Smith, and Ronnie Brown.

Where would they go in this draft? Alex Smith might not even go top 10. Braylon and Ronnie might go late top 10.

This draft is very deep up top.

At around 12-30 and 2nd round-third round, its pretty even. But that doesn't mean there is lack of prospects there, it just means that this draft is incredibly deep with prospects.