This has to be said

popp1234

Reaction score
Hello fellow Cowboys fans,

I don't post on this board much, but I just have to give my opinion on this lost and the Cowboys team in general. I have been a die hard Cowboys fan for at least 30 years. I join all our fans in being very dissappointed with this loss. Now, back to this team and this loss. I give the Eagles a lot of credit (God I hate the Eagles and their fans) for their game plan tonight. We can blame Romo, Garrett or the offense as a whole, and rightfully so. However, it really concerns me that this team never match the intensity as their NFC east opponents. Never. Even when we win these games. I went to the Eagles website during the week leading up to this game just to get a feel for what they were thinking about this game. From the comments of the players and coaches and players during their press conferences, I told my girlfriend that I had a feeling we were going to struggle and possible lose against the eagles. My reason for saying this is that the Eagles organization was SO fired up and this was their Super Bowl. The Cowboys, well, they treated this as just another game. I truly think that the game of football is about attitude, game planning, emotion and focus. We had none of that on offense tonight. I hate this "its just another important game" crap coming from this team. Our rivals are out for blood while we are just going out as though we just simply need to show up and we will win. I know this is not a bombshell post but I just felt the need to get this off my chest. Having said that, the season is not lost by any stretch of the imagination. I will still be rooting for my 'Boys no matter what. Here's hoping for a strong finish at Carolina and Washington. We will need it.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
First welcome to the site.

I agree with you in that Eagles defense did pretty good job and had something to do with Romo's ineffectivity, not all, but some.

I'm disappointed by not ready to jump off of the cliff, unlike some of the posters, realizing that no team plays well week in and week out, they all have bad game.

We could only hope that the coaching staff can come up with a sound plan to beat Panthers next week.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I can’t give the Eagles credit because i don’t think they did anything great. We had so many opportunities! Guys were wide open. Romo was horribly inaccurate. Romo is great against the blitz and out of the pocket, he looked lost in both of the situations. Newman had a pass hit him in the hands and dropped it. Romo throws an INT in the endzone and the guy fumbles and we get it back. I dunno, i can’t credit Philly.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Good team with some hard luck losses that is better than its record knocks off divisional foe with better record. It happens about as often as not.

Woods

Reaction score
Romo definitely had opportunities today. He had TO open twice for would be TDs, IMO (just as an example).

Let's just chalk it up to one of those days . . . .

popp1234

Reaction score
Great to be a member of this great board. I agree that Romo played horribly (I guess he's human after all). I will make no excuses for him as I'm sure he won't make any excuses for his performance either. But we have to look at this as A loss (meaning 1). Sure the team put some added pressure on themselves as far as HFA by falling to the Iggles, but it gives me great comfort to know that they (Iggles) will be watching us in the playoffs. I think moments like this will tell us if our team has what it take to be champions. I, for one, am looking forward to it. As for Romo? Well kid, you are the leader of my beloved Cowboys. They go as you go. Don't let them down.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
the intensity is irrelevant.

had we gotten the proper overturn call on the early pass the route might have been on, even with tony playing with one hand. and the TO butterfingers act.

the coaching was abysmal again, leading with "i'm too smart for myself" garrett. smug newb coach thinks he's playing video games and almost got romo KILLED in the 4th.

deplorable

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So now Garrett is a smug video game coach? Last week he was ready to be the next head coach of every team in the NFL.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1838871 said:
So now Garrett is a smug video game coach? Last week he was ready to be the next head coach of every team in the NFL.
lets hope.

you seemed to eat alot of cheese and overhyped garrett. romo has bailed him out all year.