This is a sane thread!

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I made this thread to talk football, true X's and O's, and that is all I want to hear and read about before I finish another case of brew :D

I didn't catch any of the Commander and Eagle game, but I did watch the highlights on TV/NFL.com and read about the reactions to the game and the final play of regulation. What did the Eagles do so well to allow only 10 Commander points, and better yet what did the Commanders do to McNabb and Westbrook to only give up a FG.

What plays were the Skins successful on and exactly what do we have to do to be playing 2 weeks from yesterday?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
joshjwc9;2518417 said:
I made this thread to talk football, true X's and O's, and that is all I want to hear and read about before I finish another case of brew :D

I didn't catch any of the Commander and Eagle game, but I did watch the highlights on TV/NFL.com and read about the reactions to the game and the final play of regulation. What did the Eagles do so well to allow only 10 Commander points, and better yet what did the Commanders do to McNabb and Westbrook to only give up a FG.

What plays were the Skins successful on and exactly what do we have to do to be playing 2 weeks from yesterday?

Easy....3 things

Stop the run
Cover Westbrook out of the backfield
Pass Block.

We do 2 of the 3 well and we win.

ndanger

Reaction score
If you want real x's and o's read the thread started by cbartel81. That is some good stuff. He is droppin' some knowledge that is welcome to be sure.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
Key 1. Newman follows Jackson on every snap. Take out the big play over the top.
Key 2. Zach Thomas / Kevin Burnett spies Brian Westbrook on (almost) every snap. Take out the big play out of the backfield.
Key 3. Tell Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode that the debt earned on their pathetic performances the past two weeks is being called in. Maul Philly's front seven and run Tashard Choice down their throat early.
Key 4. Neutralize press coverage with motion from 81 and 11.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2518500 said:
Key 1. Newman follows Jackson on every snap. Take out the big play over the top.
This is what happened yesterday and I don't think Clayton touched the ball more than a few times on short throws. I like using Newman's actual abilities in man coverage over the other teams' #1 WR.

Key 2. Zach Thomas / Kevin Burnett spies Brian Westbrook on (almost) every snap. Take out the big play out of the backfield.

I don't totally agree with you, but I do like the idea. Did you see when Pierce tried that a couple of weeks ago? Westbrook ran right by him on a circle route and scored. I believe that we need to hit Westbrook in his mouth if he tries to get out of the backfield on a passing play.
Key 3. Tell Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode that the debt earned on their pathetic performances the past two weeks is being called in. Maul Philly's front seven and run Tashard Choice down their throat early.
Choice should have had 30 carries yesterday, but we aren't playing to his and our Oline's strength, smashmouth football.
Key 4. Neutralize press coverage with motion from 81 and 11.
I agree with you, but I want to see some strong sets with each of them running routes stacked together on the line of scrimmage, as well as some types of pick plays on Samuel and Brown.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
joshjwc9;2518543 said:
I agree with you, but I want to see some strong sets with each of them running routes stacked together on the line of scrimmage, as well as some types of pick plays on Samuel and Brown.

If nothing else, running routes with 11 and 81 coming from the same side of the field may result in Tony seeing how sickeningly wide open Williams is. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not the time for sanity...Guess you didn't get the memo.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2518574 said:
This is not the time for sanity...Guess you didn't get the memo.
You may want to change my thread title then, you know, to attract more thread viewers and complainers! ;)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Newman on Jackson may not be enough to stop all big plays. Newman is very fast and that helps him catch up to receivers that break deep. Jackson is VERY fast. It would be good to have someone over the top as extra protection. Then let Pac shutdown Hank Baskett.

Now as for Westbrook, you just keep a man near him at all times and pray for the best.

As for McNabb, you have apply pressure up the middle. Otherwise he will run up the gut the second it clears out.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
nyc;2518593 said:
Newman on Jackson may not be enough to stop all big plays. Newman is very fast and that helps him catch up to receivers that break deep. Jackson is VERY fast. It would be good to have someone over the top as extra protection. Then let Pac shutdown Hank Baskett.

Now as for Westbrook, you just keep a man near him at all times and pray for the best.

As for McNabb, you have apply pressure up the middle. Otherwise he will run up the gut the second it clears out.

But our 4-2-5 "Overload Left, Overload Right and LEAVE A HUGE TEN MILE WIDE GAP IN BETWEEN DTs" formation is so quirky and fun!