This is not John Lennon....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Pretty wild....I was reading a book about John Lennon and the name "Gary Gibson" was mentioned. Seems the guy has made a career out of impersonating John Lennon...

gibson.jpg

garygibson2.jpg

gary_gibson.jpg

gibson.jpg

Pretty amazing...that first picture is almost spooky.

Duane

Reaction score
Creepy how much he looks like Lennon. If you'd posted the pictures in a thread about John I'd have never know it wasn't him.

Have you heard his impersonation? If so how close is he to the real thing?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Duane said:
Creepy how much he looks like Lennon. If you'd posted the pictures in a thread about John I'd have never know it wasn't him.

Have you heard his impersonation? If so how close is he to the real thing?

Nope...never heard any of it.

I was just reading about Lennon (one of my favs) and the author mentioned his name.

The thing that gets me is, when dopey Elvis impersonators do their schtick, it's always the fat Elvis, in the white jumpsuit (just like the one trick always wears), with the long sideburns, and sunglasses. The guy impersonating him could be Chinese but so long as they have the get up, the figure it's ok.

This guy actually LOOKS like Lennon. Almost exactly.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Nope...never heard any of it.

I was just reading about Lennon (one of my favs) and the author mentioned his name.

The thing that gets me is, when dopey Elvis impersonators do their schtick, it's always the fat Elvis, in the white jumpsuit (just like the one trick always wears), with the long sideburns, and sunglasses. The guy impersonating him could be Chinese but so long as they have the get up, the figure it's ok.

This guy actually LOOKS like Lennon. Almost exactly.
Right down to his wardrobe actually. The difference is it's not a white jumpsuit with sequins meant to be a lasting image.

If I remember correctly Lennon often wore soldier's jackets even though he was pro peace.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Right down to his wardrobe actually. The difference is it's not a white jumpsuit with sequins meant to be a lasting image.

If I remember correctly Lennon often wore soldier's jackets even though he was pro peace.

Yep...he first brought it out when he played in Toronto, I believe..

Lennon, as a youth, was an arse kicker..he was a TOUGH guy...so seeing him in the army jacket, was kinda cool. It also gave an edge to him. Rather than coming across like some wussy "peacenick" here was a guy with an edge who would sing "Instant Karma's gonna get you..."

Wonderful stuff.

I miss the hell out of him.