This is on the coaches - why fixate on TO? where is the D?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I have finally calmed down enough to post. Of course I'm not sleeping so take that for what it is. This game was horrible and we frankly got out coached. Let's look at just the end of the game (and there was plenty earlier as well)

Garrett - We have the ball for the next to last series with plenty of time and we are down 6 points. What does Garrett do? 3 STRAIT passes to TO.....am I the only one who could see they were going to key on him every play? When it didn't work say 2 times in a row, what made you think this would be a good idea to throw to him YET AGAIN?

Defense - They get the ball with 10+ minutes to go in the game on their 35. You can't stop them? Then when we do, the coaches put 12 guys in the game after a timeout. This is a youth football level mistake at the most critical part of the game. How does a coach screw that up? Also where was the creativity on that last drive? With all of the talent we have on D..........you couldn't do something to throw off Jason Campbell? It looked WAAAYYYY too easy for a D that is supposed to be one of the top in the NFL. Frankly we have given up big yards each game this week but there is always an excuse (Philly - McNab played really well, GB - has a great O, etc). It is time to say that what you are doing on D is not working. Freakin coach will you?

Overall - the Commanders came to play. Zorn had his team fired up. The cowboys were beaten up and down the field which kills me to say. Arguing over a field goal that might have been a bit wide does not change the fact that we couldn't stop them when we needed to. We couldn't score when we needed to. Overall we looked overrated and like the inferior team. Considering we have much greater talent, I put this on coaching. Trying to force the ball to TO and playing too soft underneath on the D. I heard at half time that Wade didn't give them a motivational speach....well maybe he should have. The coaches are not pulling the proper strings to make the team the best it could be. :bang2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It was good to hear Wade accept responsibility in the post game presser.

He should not be surprised when Jerry fires his arse if we lose in the playoffs then.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2294805 said:
It was good to hear Wade accept responsibility in the post game presser.

He should not be surprised when Jerry fires his arse if we lose in the playoffs then.

Like I said in another thread-I hope we're not suffering from the post-Bill P syndrome. You saw how he JUMPED SHIP on the Giants, Pats, and Jets...ultimately leaving them with emergency scrub coaches...only for them to lose their discipline and their respective locker rooms to implode.

I hate to say it-but I'm now seeing shades of it here.

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
To me accepting responsibility but allowing the same thing to happen again and again is not worth anything. It is easy to say "it is on me". You look like the martr and all. But it is what you do about it that shows if you really believe it. Let's see Wade light some people up. Rip his coaches a new one. If not, he is just saying the right thing and not believing it.

I'm done with his "the mistakes are on me" crap. Let's see you fix them then. I saw the same crap that we saw against Philly and GB. Why didn't you fix it then?

Boysboy

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2294810 said:
To me accepting responsibility but allowing the same thing to happen again and again is not worth anything. It is easy to say "it is on me". You look like the martr and all. But it is what you do about it that shows if you really believe it. Let's see Wade light some people up. Rip his coaches a new one. If not, he is just saying the right thing and not believing it.

I'm done with his "the mistakes are on me" crap. Let's see you fix them then. I saw the same crap that we saw against Philly and GB. Why didn't you fix it then?

But I thought this loss was entirely b/c of TO's fragile ego having to be coddled? No?

Anyhow-as for Wade-it reminded me of when Pete Carroll took over when Bill P threw a fit and jumped ship. He was one of those "friendly players coaches" who would do alot of the same things Wade would do. At first, the Pats players loved him and bought into everything he did. But as time went along, they got fed up with him.

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
Frankly TO's ego has nothing to do with this. You think he is the first player who wants to play every play? If the coaches give into a player like him then they are weak. I don't think this is TO's fault. Throwing to him 18 times when he isn't open was the problem. Somebody else HAD to be open.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294809 said:
Like I said in another thread-I hope we're not suffering from the post-Bill P syndrome. You saw how he JUMPED SHIP on the Giants, Pats, and Jets...ultimately leaving them with emergency scrub coaches...only for them to lose their discipline and their respective locker rooms to implode.

I hate to say it-but I'm now seeing shades of it here.

so these penalties weren't here when we had BP ???