This is one of the strangest offensive performances (or nonperformances) by coaches

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Was there a conscious decision made to NOT run the ball?
Did someone panic and abandon the running game?
Why was Felix not plugged into the running game?
Was this a lack of faith in our line?

It makes so little sense.

Speaking of sense, what is your sense of what happened Sunday?

Tobal

Reaction score
I think the flaw with Garrett is he does forget the run in certain situations. That being said the inability of the defense to get a stop was the biggest issue.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
We scored 24 points.

Offense wasn't the problem. Yes, I'd like our running game to be better, but we could have got 24 points with a good running game and it still wouldn't have made our Defense play any better.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
if gave me the feeling of the Giants playoff loss game plan in that they totally went away from their usual selves.........it was just odd

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rack;2294683 said:
We scored 24 points.

Offense wasn't the problem. Yes, I'd like our running game to be better, but we could have got 24 points with a good running game and it still wouldn't have made our Defense play any better.

Well, it works both ways. Our offense handed the Commanders the ball in field goal range on that interception. The defense stiffened to hold them to a field goal to keep it a one-possession game. The offense follows by promptly going three-and-out if I'm not mistaken (if I am, I apologize; all the boneheadedness is blending together).

The offense surged with two key drives to erase a 10-point deficit (the field goal before the half and the TD to start the second half) but essentially fizzled the rest of the game until the Austin TD, which came against prevent defense.

We played most of this game with 17 points on the board, which isn't enough. And in several crucial third-quarter moments where we could have put our stamp on the game, we did absolutely nothing offensively.

So in my book, the offense didn't put up a performance that warranted victory today either.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2294709 said:
Well, it works both ways. Our offense handed the Commanders the ball in field goal range on that interception. The defense stiffened to hold them to a field goal to keep it a one-possession game. The offense follows by promptly going three-and-out if I'm not mistaken (if I am, I apologize; all the boneheadedness is blending together).

The offense surged with two key drives to erase a 10-point deficit (the field goal before the half and the TD to start the second half) but essentially fizzled the rest of the game until the Austin TD, which came against prevent defense.

We played most of this game with 17 points on the board, which isn't enough. And in several crucial third-quarter moments where we could have put our stamp on the game, we did absolutely nothing offensively.

So in my book, the offense didn't put up a performance that warranted victory today either.

The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. On our first TD, it was helped out by a Skins boneheaded penalty on 3rd down-otherwise, we put up ZERO pts. The Skins also had 2 TDs taken off the board b/c of penalties that had nothing to do with these plays.

Sure-we had our opportunities, but obviously we weren't mentally ready to play, and that costed us badly.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Rack;2294683 said:
We scored 24 points.

Actually we had so little time of possession in the first 3 quarters of the game that our O didn't do our D any favors. You need to run the ball to keep the D off the field. Not saying the D didn't stink because it did but the O has to get something going in the first half. I think the Commanders had 2/3's of the TOP in the first half.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Rack;2294683 said:
We scored 24 points.

Actually it would have. Running the ball keeps your defense off the field and keeps them fresher. The time of possession was dramatically in the Skin's favor. We abandoned the run and IMO that was why we lost the game. How about getting the ball in Felix's hands at least once!!!!!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2295003 said:
Actually it would have. Running the ball keeps your defense off the field and keeps them fresher. The time of possession was dramatically in the Skin's favor. We abandoned the run and IMO that was why we lost the game. How about getting the ball in Felix's hands at least once!!!!!!!

For the most part we got first downs before having to punt. Whether you're getting first downs by running or passing is irrelevent in how well rested our defense is.

I'd say the huge TOP advantage was more due to our defense not able to stop the Skins then it was our offense not able to move the ball.

Our front 7 was getting pushed around from the start. Don't act like it's the offenses fault they couldn't man up and stop the run.

sacase

Reaction score
I think felix was not in the game because we went to the pass. I don't think they trust felix to pass block and pick up blitzers just yet.

I am not sure what happend from the first quarter to the rest of the game. We got a lot of pressure on campbell earlier and go two sacks, then we didn't really sniff him for the rest of the game. Not sure what's up with that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Rack;2294683 said:
We scored 24 points.

A running game also keeps your defense off the field. That was part of the problem.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Alexander;2295117 said:
A running game also keeps your defense off the field. That was part of the problem.

Passing the ball helped us get first downs when our running game was getting dominated. If we had forced the run, it would have been WORSE for our D.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Poor tackling and coupled with our inability/refusal to run the ball doomed us.

However, it is not the end of the world, we just need to go back to the drawing board and sure up some fundamentals.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
sacase;2295027 said:
I think felix was not in the game because we went to the pass. I don't think they trust felix to pass block and pick up blitzers just yet.

I am not sure what happend from the first quarter to the rest of the game. We got a lot of pressure on campbell earlier and go two sacks, then we didn't really sniff him for the rest of the game. Not sure what's up with that.

I don't buy this....Felix is a playmaker, he should be getting as many touches or close to as many touches as Chris Johnson (who is half the blocker Felix is btw) is in Tennessee. This team desperately needed to be kick started yesterday and I think his speed could have done just that.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Don't U GUYZ KNOW?!?!?!??!?!

It's all because of T.OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo. Da coachez and Romo were forcing him da ball to APPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE him, yo. Dats what it was.

He musta been complainin' about not gettin da ball after last week's victory (even though he's never complained about not getting the ball after a victory in his entire career) an da coaches + Romo got scared and started forcing him da ball!!!!11111

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2295160 said:
Don't U GUYZ KNOW?!?!?!??!?!

It's all because of T.OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo. Da coachez and Romo were forcing him da ball to APPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE him, yo. Dats what it was.

He musta been complainin' about not gettin da ball after last week's victory (even though he's never complained about not getting the ball after a victory in his entire career) an da coaches + Romo got scared and started forcing him da ball!!!!11111

It did seem as if Garrett/Romo were trying to force the ball to T.O.

beyond that I would try to be more excited and exhuberant in your posts. And use more multiple letters and more exclamations points. It's always worked for me.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Of course the defense sucked. It's been going that way. Stand around like they are world beaters then rely on the offense to get them out of a jam.

I am just wondering about the lack of imagination as to a ground game against the Skins. And the force-feeding of the ball to T.O. even though he was mostly smothered.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Simply put, we tried too hard to get TO involved and it backfired.

We played right into their gameplan.

Horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE job by the coaches today.

Even worse job done by the guys up front. We got dominated in every aspect at the line of scrimmage.

Not to mention TO's line of "It's no secret when I get involved were explosive, and when I'm not the offense is more stagnant"

My god that irks me. If we werent trying to force you the ball to keep you happy then maybe we would have been a little more explosive.

Boysboy

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2295571 said:
Simply put, we tried too hard to get TO involved and it backfired.

We played right into their gameplan.

Horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE job by the coaches today.

Even worse job done by the guys up front. We got dominated in every aspect at the line of scrimmage.

Not to mention TO's line of "It's no secret when I get involved were explosive, and when I'm not the offense is more stagnant"

My god that irks me. If we werent trying to force you the ball to keep you happy then maybe we would have been a little more explosive.

Just like that forced INT to MILES AUSTIN?

None of the other receivers were getting open much, and Romo was rushed alot-it was no surprise why he forced it to him alot in the first place.

His comments irk me, but to say we forced it into him alot to please his fragile ego is a big stretch.

JBond

Reaction score
That was the worst coaching performance I have seen in some time on both sides of the ball. I felt like I was watching the Kansas City Chiefs.

Scratch that. The Chiefs beat Denver yesterday. Denver would have put up 40 on us.