This is the year they finally win it all

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention…. I have no logical argument to support this other than it’s the one year we would least suspect it to happen.

I’ve been following pro and college sports for 50 years and one thing I’ve learned is never count your team out. Just when you least suspect it, something crazy always seems to happen. Like when rookie Dak replaced an injured Romo and went 13-3.

Everyone is on lame duck contracts, no free agents, 30 years of playoff flopping, an offensive line full of rookies and sophomores, Zeke back on his last legs, no obvious presence at DT. This season is either going to be a huge disappointment or shock the hell out of us and finally be the one. No one would label me a homer, but I am a gambler, and just by dumb luck, something has to freaking give.

Proceed with the trashing! :dance:

Flamma

Reaction score
Of all the times this could happen, this would be the most unlikely. Which means it will probably happen. We've all encountered this stuff before. I'm not expecting it, but I'll welcome it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think they’ll be a distracted team if these contracts don’t get worked out. I don’t think they go very far if they make the playoffs. I can see a rinse and repeat situation.

RoboQB

Reaction score
They're gonna get smacked around early.
2-4 thanks to having the Giants and Saints early.
Baltimore may be Dak's retirement game.
We might see Trey Lance vs. SF. "Ooh, juicy storyline."
Same result, but fun story. If Lance wins 6 games in this crazy scenario, he gets an opportunity to stay, unless a desperate team jumps in with a Rob Johnson-Matt Flynn-esque contract offer.

Goofy, I know.
Frankly, Dallas could roll into SF undefeated and it wouldn't mean squat if the 49ers beat them again.
12 wins, etc. look real nice on a resume but every game should be measured by comparison to the top teams.
"Are we better... are we gaining?..." Sometimes teams get stale. Just an opinion.