This just in: Cardinals may be pretty good

ctalker

Reaction score
I agree..They have some talent on offense and they could make some noise come playoff time.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Just a thought.
A nice coincidence..I just posted an article from the AZ press "explaining" Green's MO last night.

Hope it gets read.

All off-season we have heard the Cards proclaimed 'a surprise play off team".

And scoffed.

Those prognostications were based on the considerable talent Green has amassed, not the schemes. And from last night, those look both sound in planning and very strong (for a first preseason game) in execution.

Last night it was mentioned on tv only FOUR players remain from the pre-Green era.

Warner, in this early outing at least, looks like just the vet to run the show.

Props to Denny. He really is doing it 'his way'.

followthestar

Reaction score
i think we all have to agree you could do worse as a coach than Denny Green. like all the good ones, he always manages to end up fielding a winner. in a way i'm glad they're someone else's problem now, not the East. but they've been so bad for so long, i think we're allowed to greet the news of their ascent with some skepticism. but hey, they play the 9ers and as long as they beat them i'm happy!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
How does this jive with your apparent support of the unqualified proposition that the Cowboys were "inept"?
I don't do too much jiving but just because we were inept doesn't mean the other team isn't good. You know back in the '90s when we were the best team ever we did actually play some inept teams. Try to keep up.

jimmy40

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
A nice coincidence..I just posted an article from the AZ press "explaining" Green's MO last night.

Hope it gets read.

All off-season we have heard the Cards proclaimed 'a surprise play off team".

And scoffed.

Those prognostications were based on the considerable talent Green has amassed, not the schemes. And from last night, those look both sound in planning and very strong (for a first preseason game) in execution.

Last night it was mentioned on tv only FOUR players remain from the pre-Green era.

Warner, in this early outing at least, looks like just the vet to run the show.

Props to Denny. He really is doing it 'his way'.
The man can flat out coach. No doubt about that.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I don't do too much jiving but just because we were inept doesn't mean the other team isn't good. You know back in the '90s when we were the best team ever we did actually play some inept teams. Try to keep up.

OK, JJT. :rolleyes:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Consider yourself owned.

Sure thing, Speedy. BTW, which part of what you said did you consider decisive? Was it the part where, on the one hand, you agree with the comment that the Cowboys were "inept", while, on the other hand, suggesting that the Cardinals are "pretty good", with nothing to go on except their performance against a supposedly inept team? Or was it the part where you invoke the memory of a team that established its dominance over several years to "prove" the point that solid performance on one side needn't be mutually exclusive with ineptness on the other. Did the fact that, for all of the Cardinal's talent and all of the Cowboy's ineptness, the teams were separated by two points entirely escape you? Sorry, Speedy. Your reasoning might impress the likes of JJT, but it doesn't hold up to the inspection of those whose critical thinking skills reach even a highschool level.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After Boldin return from injury, Warner will finally have a pair of receivers (along with Fitzgerald) as good as what he had in St. Louis with Bruce and Holt. If that timing offense receives decent or better pass blocking, Arizona is going to have a very dangerous offense to contend with.