This might help next week..... Brunell Out????

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Commanders QB Brunell sprains MCL in knee

NFL.com wire reports

LANDOVER, Md. (Dec. 24, 2005) -- Washington Commanders quarterback Mark Brunell left his team's 35-20 victory against the New York Giants with a sprained ligament in his right knee and could miss the regular-season finale Jan. 1.

Brunell will have an MRI exam Dec. 26. It's the same knee on which he has had reconstructive surgery.

"There's a chance he can go next week. We'll just wait and see," Commanders director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer said. "We're going to be aggressive and work with him and see how he does."

The Commanders (9-6) can clinch a playoff berth by beating Philadelphia next week.

Brunell's right MCL was hurt when he was sacked for a 9-yard loss by linebacker Nick Greisen on Washington's third offensive play of the third quarter.

"I felt like he got hit low on it," Commanders coach Joe Gibbs said. "He tried to come back but felt like he couldn't. We'll have to see how that develops over the next couple of days."

Patrick Ramsey replaced Brunell on Washington's next drive and threw a 72-yard touchdown pass to Santana Moss. Ramsey began the season as the Commanders' starting quarterback, but he was replaced by Brunell in the first half against Chicago in Week 1 after getting hurt.

"He has played so well, which has given me such a great example to follow. I've had a good example from him. I've learned some things," Ramsey said. "At the same time, we need to hope he gets back."

Also, Commanders linebacker Chris Clemons left the game in the first half after spraining his knee on special teams.

clayman

Reaction score
Ramsey looked pretty poised after shaking off the rust. Time will tell but Philly just lost to the lowly Cardinals so who knows.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I just wish a meteor would hit the joint and take out both teams and the crappy Philly fans (all 12 that will show up, well, maybe the Skums fans will come out in full force).