This one slipped through the cracks.

acheman

Reaction score
home_playerTracker.gif
Position Groups:QBRBWRTEOLDLLBDBST Linebackers
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
The Cowboys are taking Swedish linebacker Carl-Johan Bjork to training camp this summer in Oxnard, Calif. Bjork has played two seasons in NFL Europe and is taking part in the NFL International Developmental Squad. The league allows teams to take an international player to camp without it counting against the 80-man roster limit.

At least I never saw anything reporting this. Maybe I just missed it.

The Realist

Reaction score
Slipped through the cracks for good reason.

Jerry doing what he does best.

Sales/marketing.

acheman

Reaction score
How does sales and marketing work without advertising/hype?

I obviously do not expect this guy to make any impact, just funny that no word on this has been heard, yet it came out 7-11-06.

acheman

Reaction score
""""""At least I never saw anything reporting this. Maybe I just missed it."'"""""

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Jerry wants us the be the World's team, not just America's team. We already are Mexico's team. This move just helps our publicity in Sweden, as well as adding another warm body for practice, without costing anything.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
Jerry wants us the be the World's team, not just America's team. We already are Mexico's team. This move just helps our publicity in Sweden, as well as adding another warm body for practice, without costing anything.

Agreed.
Marketing isnt always about marketing a product directly(Dallas Cowboys). Its about marketing a perception(the Dallas Cowboys of american football are looking at one of our own) to the prospect(Sweden or place your country,location here_______).

The Realist

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Agreed.
Marketing isnt always about marketing a product directly(Dallas Cowboys). Its about marketing a perception(the Dallas Cowboys of american football are looking at one of our own) to the prospect(Sweden or place your country,location here_______).

Thank you.

There was an interview of Jerry a while back talking about his desire to have NFL games in Europe (preseason or otherwise). He was absolutely drooling/gushing over the idea of being the first team to play over there especially in Wimbley Stadium. He has been to that stadium and met with the powers that be and he loves it and the idea of playing there.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
The Realist said:

Sales/marketing.

You mean you haven't ordered your Bjork jersey yet? What kind of fan are you?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The Realist said:

Sales/marketing.

There's a big Swedish population in Dallas????? :eek:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bobtheflob said:

I passed along a lot of Cowboys' items in South Korea. Seen many fans at the aiports in Seoul and in Tokyo wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirts. Most from USA, but quite a few from other countries also.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
There's a big Swedish population in Dallas????? :eek:
Well, Dallas is such a melting pot that there actually are a good number of Swedish people in the DFW area. But more importantly, there are a great many Swedish people in SWEDEN :) ...and that is who Jerry is targeting with this move. It helps boost overseas sales of Cowboys paraphernalia.