This overdramatic Lebron James stuff is bugging me

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
[rant]

Right now, on ESPN's website, the cover story is a big fuss about how the Cavaliers are collapsing, Lebron James is leaving, and every other extreme reaction they can pop out. It's not just ESPN, I read and see this everywhere.

My message to the media: Chill out! Lebron is barely out of his teenage years. He's only in his second year too! Guys like Bryant and Garnett were nowhere near as mature and accomplished a basketball player as Lebron at the same point in their careers. Just be glad he already has Oscar Robertson type numbers this early in his career at such a young age! Cleveland was a horrible team when he joined, don't expect them to suddenly make the playoffs. Did the media forget how many bad teams Jordan played on early in his career?

Sheesh. They really mean it when they name him "King James." They expect a high school kid to come out of nowhere, be the messiah, and lead what was one of the worst teams in the NBA to the promised land in only his second year. It's ridiculous! James will be in the Hall of Fame when his career is over, but have a little patience....

I wonder if Cleveland Cavaliers fans are this disturbed or its only the ESPN highlight schmoes and the shoe companies?

[/rant]

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Im tired of lebron period. He gets a free pass from the media so they can shove him down our throats more...

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Tio said:
Im tired of lebron period. He gets a free pass from the media so they can shove him down our throats more...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/word.gif

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I think Lebron is being pushed too hard (in a good way) which in return could hurt him. The guy seems to do nothing wrong. I like the kid and think he has potential to be great, but let him earn his stripes before giving it to him.

As far as all this stuff about him leaving, it comes with the territory. NBA superstars or any superstars have to deal with media critics and fabricated/blown out of proportion articles. I don't feel sorry for the kid because he has had the easiest ride in the league since Jordan. I don't think it's fair to other players that have to earn it. I realize it isn't his fault for this but if you want the good, you have to take the bad too. JMO

That said Lebron is cool. :D