This team is a glutton for punishment, from top to bottom...

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
If this team loses this game, they have given all the league, "experts", critics,, and fandom the excuse to say they aren't mentally tough enough. They will have been "distracted" or there isn't enough "chemistry" etc.

They are basically putting themselves in the position of lose this game and you are forcing you own hand to blow up this team and or coaching staff (owner ain't going anywhere whether you like it or not). This game is critical enough from a plain old FOOTBALL perspective - Conference game, Divisional Rival, must win for playoff standing, against the Super Bowl Champs, not to mention the team that knocked you out of playoffs last year, and a hated rival. This team, with all it's injuries choses now to have it's dirty laundry aired (which, lets face it, happens in every team and in every home). They just don't get it, that this is the Cowboys and everyone is looking for a story here. The Cowboys are the perfect microcosm of American rags to riches to rags, or underdog to favourite to underdog. Love to love em or love to hate em. They are always a story. We get 20 times the media attention than the defending super bowl champs from New York - that is because Dallas is America's team on so many levels (and this coming from a Canadian). Jones loves this on the one hand and must know that it hurts his "fragile" team on the other. The team in the 90's could handle it, at least for awhile, this team hasn't proven that yet.

Phillips said this year and last (as have other coaches and people in the organization) - if you play for Dallas you better be able to handle the media attention and scrutiny. Well, for better or worse we will find out whether the team can handle it or not. It's not like there is a tougher time to have these issues raise their head is there?

Nobody to blame but themselves, and if it's used as an excuse they don't deserve to be part of a playoff scenario anyway.

Interesting Times (yes I believe it's all overblown, but this is the Cowboys). Big changes may be acoming (if not things probably won't improve and the window might close much quicker than anyone hoped) - and if the axe falls left and right, I don't think there is ANYONE in this organization that wasn't a part of dealing this hand.

I'm hoping they rally around each other and come out and hammer the Giants (who are honestly ripe for the picking), and I thought this might be a possibility after the effort, even with the bad ending in Pitt, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. Maybe they surprise us, but I just don't have a basis for any optimism any more. Talent ain't enough as has been proven so often for this team over last 2 years and this year in particular.

LarryCanadian