This team thinks too much of itself. Where's the sense of urgency?

Reaction score
Man, I swear, sometimes it seems like some of the OL, DL, LBs, etc. are just going through the motions. I should mention the whole team. It's almost like they're saying to themselves, "Hey, don't worry about it. We can turn it on any time & beat this team. We are the Dallas Cowboys!".

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i think some players are finally waking up now with romo out, hurd out, mcbrair out, jones out at least a couple of weeks, newman still out,

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Thank you for this post. I was talking about this with my dad today, who has been a Cowboys fan since the franchise was founded. He said he doesn't ever remember a team playing so lackidasical and without urgency. I don't understand it. I think the team is taking on the personality of the HC.

MONT17

Reaction score
Its called job security. When ur backups r backups and have no desire or will/way to start, this what u get! A team full of check collectors.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i have said that over and over, just like john madden said once, the team takes on the personality of the head coach,, but i got blasted for it by most of the zoners here, so good luck with it

but i did hear today that greg ellis wasnt happy, burnett wasnt happy, keith davis, ware, hamlin, and ratliff from what i heard, so yes, even crayton said we probably need our rear ends kicked, but witten said he didnt think we needed something drastic like that,

jr40usa

Reaction score
I haven't ever seen a team that think so much of itself yet hasn't won a playoff game.

Audiman

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2335439 said:
witten said he didnt think we needed something drastic like that

Witten puts in 110% every practice and game. he just had a not so good game yesterday.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
I'm seeing teams do more with less while we seem to be doing less with more.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Here's one possibility:

You go 13-3 in the regular season. Great. You lose the first playoff game. Not so great.

I think these players just look towards that first playoff game. I don't think they realize that they may not even make the playoffs. I think what has just happened will wake them up to this fact.

I expect the Cowboys to come out guns blazing these next three weeks. Wins against the Rams, Bucs, and Giants aren't out of the question.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
witten is hurt, you can tell when they show him on sidelines grimacing sometimes

i love witten, he is my favorite player on the team, T O is next favorite player of mine, then barber, they play with heart,