This was an absolutely gutsy win

Proof

Reaction score
team didn’t play their best ball, and had some quintessential blunders, but bounced back from all.

ferg barking on jamal was awesome, but typically backfired on us. instead he backed it up with an absolutely gorgeous td catch in jamal’s face.

ceedee w/ the critical 4th down drop. typically that kind of lapse / momentum shift buried us. nope. team rise to the occasion and ceedee had a massive to move the chains.

dak got in woolens face talking trash, which would typically be espn fodder after we lost and probably on a woolen game changing play. NOPE

Defense (and bland in particular) got GASHED.

then bland gets a pick and the D saves the game. seriously, this game couldn’t have been scripted better for the cowboys to succumb to narratives. they chose to write their own story though

Dallasfann

Reaction score
It was one of the hardest games I've ever watched. It's like you could tell we were the better team but the defense plays terrible...McCarthy coaches terrible...offense couldn't get tds. It felt like I was in a movie where I can see what's about to happen and I'm screaming for them to turn around.

Watching Geno Smith score in 2 minutes for 4 drives straight was just pure agony. Don't know why but that game was very hard to watch...if we play/coach like that next week, we will be in a lot of trouble.

All that and I didn't even mention the flags...horrible game. Glad we won and I'm glad it's over.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Part of the issue here is not giving any respect to the Seahawks. They’d lost two straight coming in and came out swinging, and kept swinging to the end. They’re well coached, have lots of good players, especially on defense, and had nothing to lose.

But the Cowboys kept punching back, and landed the last punch, handing Pete Carroll his first loss with Seattle when scoring 35+ points.

Cowboys stepped up big time! :starspin:

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
team didn’t play their best ball, and had some quintessential blunders, but bounced back from all.

ferg barking on jamal was awesome, but typically backfired on us. instead he backed it up with an absolutely gorgeous td catch in jamal’s face.

ceedee w/ the critical 4th down drop. typically that kind of lapse / momentum shift buried us. nope. team rise to the occasion and ceedee had a massive to move the chains.

dak got in woolens face talking trash, which would typically be espn fodder after we lost and probably on a woolen game changing play. NOPE

then bland gets a pick and the D saves the game. seriously, this game couldn’t have been scripted better for the cowboys to succumb to narratives. they chose to write their own story though
When we had delay of game in red zone near end, was thinking %*#$# here we go again, but you are right... everyone responded and made plays when they had to in the end even if they goofed at another point.

Hope we have a bunch of grit challenge games like this to finish the season. We will go into Playoffs ready to kick @#*$%#.

(But still need to fix that defense! Offense won't always be able to bail us out.)

Proof

Reaction score
When we had delay of game in red zone near end, was thinking %*#$# here we go again, but you are right... everyone responded and made plays when they had to in the end even if they goofed at another point.

Hope we have a bunch of games like this to finish the season. We will go into Playoffs ready to kick @#*$%#.
right. i can’t count how many face in my hand moments there were, but ultimately they righted them all. and that’s new

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Fergie shooting Jamal a look that very clearly said, "I'd be telling you how much I own you, but I'd rather not get a penalty...DBag!" was priceless.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think this was a good game for us. Defense was getting full of themselves. We had to dig deep to pull this one out. I think this win prepared us better moving forward than a 42-7 type game. We got shook a little bit but still got the win.

As a fan this was not an enjoyable game to watch. The penalties were awful on both teams. Our defense was frustrating to watch. Our offense overcame bad coaching and bad defense to win it. That’s very encouraging moving forward.

Also don’t forget the lonesome kicker, Aubrey, he was clutch tonight.