This young defense really has me excited...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I have to say I'm excited about pretty much every position on our defense.

Our bookends in Canty and Spears. Newman and Henry are as solid as it gets... I mean we've got some talent here. And its all young.

All we need to do is draft a nose tackle early next year.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I honestly dont think that is our priority right now. We have Owens and Glenn for three years a piece.

And I don't see us drafting oline in the first round next year. Albeit it 2nd 3rd, and maybe 4th I could see being all olinemen. It also depends on how the line comes together this year. Lets not give up any hope of them being decent. I think we've still upgraded right tackle. Given our old right tackle didn't even make the roster.

Rivera is playing much better than last year, and now he actually has help.

I think Johnson becomes the starter at some point during the season. Should be at least as good as he was last year.

Hopefully Adams can become healthy, and play at the level we want him to.

JonCJG

Reaction score
All of those players you mentioned, Adams, Rivera, Owens and Glenn are on the wrong side of 30. Gurode might not be back and Johnson is average at best.

Reaction score
I think it safe to say the majority of next years draft will be on the offensive side of the ball. More than likely, the O is gonna get the lions share of the next couple of years, as well it should.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Roy Williams is a freak among freaks. For him to extol the physical virtues of this defense is really exciting.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Next draft is definitely Offense.. I'm thinking receiver/QB/ guard/
Defensively - Nose Tackle is the main concern. BUt for now, I think our offense will be explosive if we can keep Bledsoe kinda clean.

They don't have to be the best OLINE in the league, but atleast give him a couple of 3 seconds on most passing plays, and we can do some damage. Defensively, I can't wait to see the newly unvailed Zimmerman blitz package.