Thomas Howard - SS - Confirmed

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
From Draftdaddy.com - confirming what I had reported a week ago. Some teams are viewing Thomas Howard as a Strong Safety prospect.

Closer look at Texas El-Paso linebacker Thomas Howard, who is perhaps the most sought-after UTEP player in history.

DD.com comment: Howard did a great job during the week of practice, particularly flashing his physical skills in drills. Our man in Mobile noticed, however, he might be more of a "workout warrior" than an instinctive linebacker, at this point, which makes him a bit of a first round risk. He also mentioned Howard might even project as a strong safety on the next level due to his superior speed and quickness.:)

31WillHammerU

Reaction score
Nors said:
From Draftdaddy.com - confirming what I had reported a week ago. Some teams are viewing Thomas Howard as a Strong Safety prospect.

Closer look at Texas El-Paso linebacker Thomas Howard, who is perhaps the most sought-after UTEP player in history.

DD.com comment: Howard did a great job during the week of practice, particularly flashing his physical skills in drills. Our man in Mobile noticed, however, he might be more of a "workout warrior" than an instinctive linebacker, at this point, which makes him a bit of a first round risk. He also mentioned Howard might even project as a strong safety on the next level due to his superior speed and quickness.:)

He was a walk-on safety at UTEP. No big revelation here.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
31WillHammerU said:

Like Ware both showed up at College barely 200 pounds.

Howard is dynamic - not much spec at all about moving him to Safety that I ever read and I read a lot of this stuff. Had a local scout who tipped me on Howard being on their Board at SS. Draftdaddy article validated that opinion in NFL circles league wide.

At 235 I think he can still bulk up and play in 240's in our scheme if asked to.

Thats versatile - and or our safeties are interchangeable. Woodson was a converted college LBer.....

ddh33

Reaction score
So why would you think he could play the strong side in a 3-4?

Look, I like the player. I just don't know if he's a good fit here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
31WillHammerU said:

Read his response.

You have to love how Nors is Teflon.

Facts just slide right off.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Read his response.

You have to love how Nors is Teflon.

Facts just slide right off.

Howard can play multiple positions in NFL - Browns and Chargers talked to him at SB:)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Like Ware both showed up at College barely 200 pounds.

Howard is dynamic - not much spec at all about moving him to Safety that I ever read and I read a lot of this stuff. Had a local scout who tipped me on Howard being on their Board at SS. Draftdaddy article validated that opinion in NFL circles league wide.

At 235 I think he can still bulk up and play in 240's in our scheme if asked to.

Thats versatile - and or our safeties are interchangeable. Woodson was a converted college LBer.....

Don't let that guy at the diner fool you into thinking he is a scout.

And if he invites you to see the inside of his van, I'd recommend declining the invite.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
junk said:
Don't let that guy at the diner fool you into thinking he is a scout.

And if he invites you to see the inside of his van, I'd recommend declining the invite.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told."

"Put the blanking lotion in the basket!"

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nors said:

So, because somebody who works for draftdaddy.com thinks he'd make a good strong safety, you find that compelling??

You'll find these yahoos from websites will share their personal biases with you, no matter how completely idiotic they are...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Thomas Howard - Senior Bowl tidbits

Is a proven Long Snapper
Can play emergency Quarterback
Won Punt, Pass and Kick as a kid
Can play fullback

He can't - repeat can't catch a football as a Wide Receiver.