Those in waco/college station area, T Newman on 1660 ESPN tomorrow

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok, here is a new site with some dallas cowboys stuff, right now, they dont have podcasts available, but you can listen to the radio in that area.

Newman is suppose to be on tomorrow. Ratliff was on yesterday or so.

This is new site where smoaky (david smoak) will start his cowboys stuff like he did with ktbb. Smoaky will try and get it up and running like he had at KTBB in time.

Here is their website;
http://www.1660espn.com/

And he will try to get podcasts up later, but right now, not working on the site.

So, just wanted to let the ones know in the waco/college station area, that you will have some dallas cowboys coverage coming your way.

Here is alittle what they had on
3:25pm-Jon Daniels, Rangers GM
3:41pm-David Wesley, Former BU Basketball Star
4:10pm-Robert Griffin, Baylor Quarterback
4:41pm-Jay Ratliff, Cowboys Nose Tackle
5:10pm-John McClain, Columnist, Houston Chronicle

i dont think their streamlining is working yet, but smoaky is going to try to get it up and running, but if your in that area, you can listen to it on your radio.

I always feel that when I find dallas cowboys info, even if not in my area, i try to share that info with you, so ones in that area can get dallas cowboys stuff, maybe when you listen to it on radio in your area, if anything good, you can fill us in with recaps till streamlining and podcasts start getting put up. So in essence, I give you all the info i find at my fingertips with my heart and soul to my fellow cowboys fans.

Go Cowboys!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good stuff, Joe. I listen to that station all the time even way up here in North Texas -- their signal carries well. I'll listen to it in the DFW area when 103.3 is having some local thing I don't care about and I want to hear the national ESPN broadcast.

So what happened to Smoak at KTBB? I've heard him on Saturday mornings on 103.3, too.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3446939 said:
Good stuff, Joe. I listen to that station all the time even way up here in North Texas -- their signal carries well. I'll listen to it in the DFW area when 103.3 is having some local thing I don't care about and I want to hear the national ESPN broadcast.

So what happened to Smoak at KTBB? I've heard him on Saturday mornings on 103.3, too.

cool chocolate lab, i think there are some cowboys fans from the waco/college station area, so wanted to give them heads up, if they call in if they can, and give smoaky good ratings etc. he can do more with the show and get them good coverage on the cowboys like he did at ktbb

so, on the radio, that signal is what chocolate lab, so i can see if i get it in my area on the radio

hopefully he can get the streamlining going before too long and the podcasts

but he said, things like that hadnt been done in so long, and he has to get it up and running like he did with ktbb

so in turn, we can later get podcasts that theebs or DC can put up for other cowboys fan to listen too
my number one goal is always to give cowboys fans all the cowboys info i can so they can enjoy

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3446946 said:
cool chocolate lab, i think there are some cowboys fans from the waco/college station area, so wanted to give them heads up, if they call in if they can, and give smoaky good ratings etc. he can do more with the show and get them good coverage on the cowboys like he did at ktbb

so, on the radio, that signal is what chocolate lab, so i can see if i get it in my area on the radio

hopefully he can get the streamlining going before too long and the podcasts

but he said, things like that hadnt been done in so long, and he has to get it up and running like he did with ktbb

Did you listen to what Robert was saying? I don't want to sound like a noob and text him and ask "goody Rob what'd you say on the radio" lol

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
no, i dont get that radio station in my area, at least i dont think i do; and i didnt get the info till an hour ago from smoaky on his website, he just started working there, was doing some stuff on 103.3 on saturdays, but just got the waco espn gig

dont have a really good radio, my dog fell off of my bed and broke my radio,

blackie is a german shepherd,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3446939 said:

smoaky left for personal reasons, started back on the air during weekends with ESPN Radio in Dallas back in March and this opportunity came along in Waco.

For now, the station doesn't have audio-streaming but smoaky is working very hard to get that done this week or as soon as possible.
joe

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's on 1660 am, Joe. If you have a really old radio, it may not go up that high, but anything made in the last 20 years will. I'm quite a bit farther away from Waco than you are, and I get it in the late evenings and mornings, so you might, too.

Later in the year when the sun goes down earlier, like during the season, I'm sure it will come in.

And Blackie sounds like a good dog. I bet he makes a good watch dog for the war room. ;)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3446968 said:
It's on 1660 am, Joe. If you have a really old radio, it may not go up that high, but anything made in the last 20 years will. I'm quite a bit farther away from Waco than you are, and I get it in the late evenings and mornings, so you might, too.

Later in the year when the sun goes down earlier, like during the season, I'm sure it will come in.

And Blackie sounds like a good dog. I bet he makes a good watch dog for the war room. ;)

he sure does, he has killed 14 cats, 4 possums, 3 racoons, some kind of mink animal and a snake about 3 feet long,
most of them get in over the fence to get his dog food, they dont make it generally back across the fence, and he has a touch of woof in him too

thanks for the info, i will check it out;

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Confirmed Guest List for
"You Make the Call"
Wednesday. June 30th
(3:00pm-6:00pm)

3:25pm-Scott Drew, BU Men's Basketball Coach
3:41pm-Jennifer Floyd-Engel, Columnist, FWST

Also, waiting to confirm times...
Terence Newman, Cowboys Cornerback
Chris Level, rivals.com (Texas Tech Writer)