Those of you waiting for TO to blow a gasket

SibannacRex

Reaction score
... you'll be waiting for a long time. In a game where the catches, yards and TDs weren't there for him, he made two amazing hustle plays that directly affected the outcome of the game.

* Made two key blocks and ran with F Jones on his 60 yarder
* Ran the defender down when he could have easily given up 55 yards earlier.

The INT could have potentially resulted in a TD instead of a FG. And F Jones' run probably would have been stopped before reaching the endzone, potentially another 4 point gain.

That's 8 points and a lot of momentum!

It's easy to do these things when you are scoring your TDs, but in a game where he could have been frustrated by his lack of production, he was focused on the team's success.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How do you know T.O. won't blow a gasket?

I agree that T.O. played well, and with hustle, though he had a slow night in receiving.

Whatever, Jerry would be wise to laud T.O.'s team play last night to soothe any negative feelings T.O. might have.

Again, I loved T.O.'s hustle.

Reaction score
SibannacRex;2278564 said:
... you'll be waiting for a long time. In a game where the catches, yards and TDs weren't there for him, he made two amazing hustle plays that directly affected the outcome of the game.

* Made two key blocks and ran with F Jones on his 60 yarder

The INT could have potentially resulted in a TD instead of a FG. And F Jones' run probably would have been stopped before reaching the endzone, potentially another 4 point gain.

That's 8 points and a lot of momentum!

It's easy to do these things when you are scoring your TDs, but in a game where he could have been frustrated by his lack of production, he was focused on the team's success.

I like when T.O shows the hustle but I think he likes to be on the stage. He knows that if he is hustlin down the field on the long run or on the interception that it will give him the stage to showcase his speed. A performer wants to entertain and show their talents. If TO can't get the ball he can still showcase his speed by hustlin down the field for all to see.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2278579 said:
How do you know T.O. won't blow a gasket?

I agree that T.O. played well, and with hustle, though he had a slow night in receiving.

Whatever, Jerry would be wise to laud T.O.'s team play last night to soothe any negative feelings T.O. might have.

Again, I loved T.O.'s hustle.

I think TO has shown his maturity here, especially since Romo has taken over. He could have trashed Romo in the offseason but he didn't.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
First, I was mildly amazed with #81's speed. He is definitely faster this year.

Secondly, I would've loved to hear what he said to Felix in the end zone.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
T.O. was poutin' a bit about his stats, but he didn't let it stop him or slow him down on the field. I don't think I saw him smile once all night, I think he was ready to do a Lambeau leap. :)

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
I dont know about blowing a gaskit but there is a reason why TO didnt talk to the media after the game last night.

I dont trust TO complelety yet on this issue...I am still concerned that if he had two or three weeks in a row like this, even if we won, that he would have something to say about it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Last night wasn't the first time he's done the little things when he's had a slow night. I think he's proven time and time again that he's not going to blow up here.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;2278619 said:
I dont know about blowing a gaskit but there is a reason why TO didnt talk to the media after the game last night.

I dont trust TO complelety yet on this issue...I am still concerned that if he had two or three weeks in a row like this, even if we won, that he would have something to say about it.

Nah, I think two or three weeks of losing coupled with no productivity for him would be the perfect storm.

However, if we are winning, I think he'll be fine.

Again, he could have trashed Romo after the Giants game in the playoffs where he didn't see the ball much and we lost. But he stood behind him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Owens seems as if he has matured. He has not been ranting and raving on the sidelines as I have seen in the past. He is being a true teammate and has been supportive of others on the team. While I had concerns about Owens given his past I have nothing to complain about since he has become a member of this team. I hope it continues and I think it will

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
SibannacRex;2278564 said:

Did you notice on that play that Owens was knocked to the ground hard by a blocker around the goal line when he first started chasing Nick Collins. That he was able to get up and still chase the play down is remarkable. I know Collins was trying to juke defenders and wasn't running straight up the field, but Owens came from that same side of the field and caught him fairly easily.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
TO realizes it takes a TEAM not a person to WIN!!

The COWBOYS will win a playoff game... the COWBOYS will win a Superbowl... not TO.

I have much respect for TO now, not that I ever didn't but he is a team player now. I'm sure Tony will reward him next week against Washington!!

FCBarca

Reaction score
Well, can't deny I was worried he would blow a gasket...But he made some huge plays in the game not catching the ball...Although, as Madden pointed out, wonder who called that play to TO late in the game? :D

Problem with plays like that or the one earlier in the game with the pass from Crayton, T.O. isn't going to be left wide open anywhere on the field...Much better play to use someone like Austin in those situations

Boysboy

Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;2278619 said:

Actually-this is a GOOD thing, why? B/c he all but kept out of the media spotlight so that Austin and Felix could have THEIR well-deserved props for the night.

Look-I'm not sold on this "changed" person either, but we need to give the guy props where it's deserved.