Thoughts from rewatching the game...

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Exactly, his arm was NOT hit....maybe he was expecting it to be hit, but it wasn't. You would NEVER see Brady or Manning or even Eli miss that throw....no chance.

No need to exaggerate. I specifically remember a play on Sunday where Eli had an open receiver and just pulled the throw right into the ground. Aikman even stated that.

Good QBs make poor throws sometimes. At least Romo doesn't consistently make poor throws.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1905590 said:
- Threw the ball away when there was no one around him? Costing his team ten yards and a loss of downs.

The NFL has already admitted to blowing that call... and it was a big blow...

If the QB is not under duress, he can make that play all day long. That's what Wade was arguing and that's why Romo was so pissed...

It's a shame coaches and players know the rules better than the refs...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. Someone with Tivo needs to look back at the missed pass to TO. It wasn't tipped, but when I saw it originally, I didn't think it was a normal throw...Romo had pulled it down, pushed way up into the pocket by the outside rush, standing right behind his huge OLmen....it was my initial impression that he got a glimpse of TO and had to throw the ball with his arm almost directly above his head, stretched out to get it over the linemen...it all happened very quickly under duress. I could be wrong since I have not seen it again, but that was my first impression.

2. Of course we're close to winning. This league is all about the QB...period. We finally have a very good one, one of the best, if not the best, in the 2nd tier of QB's behind Brady, Manning, Palmer.

As long as we have a QB, we'll be in the playoffs, but you can't be sooooo thin at the receiver positions that as soon as a starter goes down, or even your top receiver, everything goes to hell.

Aikman was still a very good QB after Irvin went down, but he was never a big time winner again because we never gave him the proper weapons again. I'm sorry....but your 3rd WR needs to be a very talented player who can step in and start. Suppose T.O. went down in the preseason, you can't let that totally suck your season down the toilet.

You have to have at least 3 starting caliber WR's in today's game, with depth behind them.

Due to having a great TE and decent running game, we spent the season with 1 starting caliber WR (TO)...and with him out of the game, we were playing with guys who aren't starting caliber talents....Crayton, Hurd, Austin. In my opinion, guys like them should be 4,5,6 type guys if you're going to be a passing offense.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Back to the Bigg Davis penalty. Wade had the team sign the pledge that they would not have post play personal foul penalties. What Davis did imo, was finish the play, it certainly was not a post play personal foul. He buried Strahan as Romo was releasing the ball. Did he have to do it? Probably not. The referee in administering the penalty I believe said "personal foul, hitting a player that was away from the ball" or something like that.
I didn't like the call, but can understand it. Davis was probably over-agressive given that Strahan was on the ground.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1905989 said:
Exactly, his arm was NOT hit....maybe he was expecting it to be hit, but it wasn't. You would NEVER see Brady or Manning or even Eli miss that throw....no chance. As far as this being his second year, it's not it's his FIFTH....enough handling with kid gloves, he needs to win a playoff game next year....no excuses.

I just can't see how Bigg is a goat for his borderline penalty and "Los Cabos" gets a free pass.

He didn't take a regular season snap until last season. I don't know if you've ever played football on any level or not, but trust me....there is a BIG difference in practice and game speed. I think Romo is a pretty damn good QB....better than 90% in the league and MUCH better than knuckle dragging Eli "adnoid" Manning! Romo had a decent game, but there were mistakes...same as Crayton (we all forget about his clutch catches and the 200 yd + or- game this season.) You are judged by the previous game only apparently.

TheHerd

Reaction score
wayne motley;1906369 said:
1. Someone with Tivo needs to look back at the missed pass to TO. It wasn't tipped, but when I saw it originally, I didn't think it was a normal throw...Romo had pulled it down, pushed way up into the pocket by the outside rush, standing right behind his huge OLmen....it was my initial impression that he got a glimpse of TO and had to throw the ball with his arm almost directly above his head, stretched out to get it over the linemen...it all happened very quickly under duress. I could be wrong since I have not seen it again, but that was my first impression.

Just watched it again. The duress was not that bad, but Tony thought it was worse than it was. There were linemen in front of him, but he plenty of time to make a good throw. It looks to me like the ball simply slipped out of his hand. I forgot how open TO was.

Boysboy

Reaction score
TheHerd;1908162 said:
Just watched it again. The duress was not that bad, but Tony thought it was worse than it was. There were linemen in front of him, but he plenty of time to make a good throw. It looks to me like the ball simply slipped out of his hand. I forgot how open TO was.

Even Aikman was talking about that right outside pass rush. It wasn't bad, I agree, but just enough to hurry his throw a bit.