Thoughts Needed on what happens if Bledsoe goes down for the season?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo takes over, and Parcells brings in a VET.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Romo comes in and plays very very well. He leads us deep into the playoffs. I think Bledso will do the same for us too.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
For now, as Romo and Henson are largely unproven, I'll say that we wouldn't have any chances at a Super Bowl.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
due to the serious lack of playing time we've seen for romo, our *next* qb, this is just kinda a silly question.

if bledsoe goes down, then we're forced into seeing if either qb has something. should that be the case we should remain as competitive as possible, but shift to a simplier gameplan and just see what the qb's can do. if one or the other can step it up then we're on our way to at least an entertaining season.

my "fear" is that bledsoe will do a few of his patented "bounce passes" at TO's feet and TO is gonna get mouthy and say "romo could have made that throw!" and cause his own controversy.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
For now, as Romo and Henson are largely unproven, I'll say that we wouldn't have any chances at a Super Bowl.
Brady didn't have any experience either and he seemed to do just fine. Same goes for Kurt Warner.

Now I'm not saying that Romo is the same level of Qb that Brady or Warner is but anything is possible these days.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Joe_Fan said:
Brady didn't have any experience either and he seemed to do just fine. Same goes for Kurt Warner.

Now I'm not saying that Romo is the same level of Qb that Brady or Warner is but anything is possible these days.

Anything is possible, but right now, WITH Bledsoe, I highly doubt that we're going to make the Super Bowl. Without Bledsoe, I'd say it'll be very, very close to impossible.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
It'll probably mean a rough season, but it might settle the question as to whether Henson/Romo is the future QB of the team. One of them would undoubtadly become the starter, but they're probably likely to struggle.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Bledsoe goes down and I am Jerry Jones, I call Troy Aikman and see if he still wants a few more starts. :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
If Bledsoe goes down and I am Jerry Jones, I call Troy Aikman and see if he still wants a few more starts. :D

is he hold enough for parcells to approve???

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
is he hold enough for parcells to approve???

:laugh2:

Yeah good point, I don't think he's quite 50 yet

Vinny Ballsackverde would be re-signed to a 20 year, $90 billion contract if Bledsoe went down

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Tony Romo has been beating everybody out in preseason for Quarterback 2 years now. This might just be his 3rd year beating everybody out in competition.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
:laugh2:

Yeah good point, I don't think he's quite 50 yet

Vinny Ballsackverde would be re-signed to a 20 year, $90 billion contract if Bledsoe went down

"h"old enough - need to put my contact lens back in... : (

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
perhaps phil simms or jeff hostetler would get a look see...

supafly

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys can turn to the running game and jj will carry them through to the playoffs. Then, I think the cowboys can bring in Patrick Ramsey who will become the next greatest qb ever!

:eek:hboy: :shootme:

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Drew was never my choice at QB but he is Bill's and is the only one that gets the most reps with the first team. If he is toast we will be in for a world of hurt. The same applies to the Skinz and Iggles, NY's Manning may take a few more hits to crash as bad as these three old men. LOL