CFZ Thoughts on Seattle game

Blitzen

Reaction score
Overshown injury kinda overshadows all the other news from the game. Hope it’s not season ending.

Tolbert looks very smooth and more zoned in with the routes and concepts. Turpin also looks like he has made strides in those departments. They look much sharper and able to handle more. Asim Richards looks very decent on most plays-good hands/feet/balance. Waletzko looks like a practice squad castoff on too many plays. Deuce Vaughn should not play in the 3rd preseason game (shown plenty). Thought Rico Dowdle showed way more juice than Malik Davis.

Will Grier does not look like NFL material to me. He does not look like a capable backup. His decision making is inconsistent and makes too many disastrous choices. The Cowboys should be evaluating all options for a 3rd string or better QB after roster trimming. Rush looked like the good serviceable backup he is paid to be. Sam Williams looked much more aggressive and focused this game-don’t think he needs more reps. Mazi looks like the 2 gap controlling nose tackle he is supposed to be. Linebackers and safeties will need to be watching constantly for big cutbacks and backs immediately running outside the tackles.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Overshown injury kinda overshadows all the other news from the game. Hope it’s not season ending.

Tolbert looks very smooth and more zoned in with the routes and concepts. Turpin also looks like he has made strides in those departments. They look much sharper and able to handle more. Asim Richards looks very decent on most plays-good hands/feet/balance. Waletzko looks like a practice squad castoff on too many plays. Deuce Vaughn should not play in the 3rd preseason game (shown plenty). Thought Rico Dowdle showed way more juice than Malik Davis.

Will Grier does not look like NFL material to me. He does not look like a capable backup. His decision making is inconsistent and makes too many disastrous choices. The Cowboys should be evaluating all options for a 3rd string or better QB after roster trimming. Rush looked like the good serviceable backup he is paid to be. Sam Williams looked much more aggressive and focused this game-don’t think he needs more reps. Mazi looks like the 2 gap controlling nose tackle he is supposed to be. Linebackers and safeties will need to be watching constantly for big cutbacks and backs immediately running outside the tackles.
Kinda feel the same. Sucks that Overshown may be done. I think he has looked much better than Cox even as a rookie

Tolbert feels like he is ready to step in even as a third receiver in the event Gallup doesn't bounce back from last year. Turpin does look better as a pass catcher. Richards looks decent, and I think we need to see more of Bostic but I kind of think it is time to start looking at vets on the OL.

Dowdle has had a good preseason and a great camp by all accounts, with the exception of the bad fumble last week. Davis was also the protector that completely screwed up on the blocked punt. I think Davis is a competent back, but Dowdle looks like he has some traits that are exceptional.

Grier is awful. No pocket presence. Poor decision making. Somehow, Patrik(no C) Walker thought he was one of the Cowboy's stars last night. Reminder to take what he says with a grain of salt.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dude was indecisive mess last night on the field. Was he told not to scramble on obvious and easy first down situations?
Like I’ve posted before EVEN the Panthers who have been starving for good quarterback play for years showed him the door.……..that ridiculous 7 second sack he took is one of the reasons why

darealvelle

Reaction score
Like I’ve posted before EVEN the Panthers who have been starving for good quarterback play for years showed him the door.……..that ridiculous 7 second sack he took is one of the reasons why
He is horrible.

Shane612

Reaction score
It also showed me that their backups are slightly better than ours …….our starters would wipe the floor with them
The Cowboys starters will "wipe the floor with them" (them being Seabirds' 2nd and 3rd string players)?
You sure about that?
:cool:

darealvelle

Reaction score
Who knows? Grier has some ability but just doesn’t have it between the ears.
He looked horrible out there. I get it was pre season and he might have been told to try to throw the ball to give the receivers an opportunity to make plays and get evaluated. More than likely I’m reaching lol.

shabazz

Reaction score
The Cowboys starters will "wipe the floor with them" (them being Seabirds' 2nd and 3rd string players)?
You sure about that?
:cool:
I meant against their starters, lol……

I will have to say that I was impressed with their 3rd string Qb Holton Ahlers though, That boy threw for a ton of yards at ECU and can tuck it and use his legs when needed.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

It wasn't mentioned, but Seattle played most of their starters to start the game and the Cowboys didn't look out of place.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would you say Grier is any better than B. Dinucci?? My eye test says no. But, who knows.....

4lifecowboy

Reaction score

Rico over Malik for me as well