Thoughts on the game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I rewatched the game and I came away very impressed with Montrae Holland first of all.

He stoned his guy at the LOS very well on passing downs. He was very good at blitz pickup, and when he run blocked he actually got good movement on his man.

If he plays like that on a weekly basis I think we upgraded at that position. He impressed me more than Kosier has at any point in the season and I wouldn't be shocked if Kosier never gets his spot back.

The turkey dance was great. On one of Bradies sacks he was doing the Turkey Dance and Hatcher acted like he was shaking salt on him.

Bradie James was a beast yesterday. He looks like a natural blitzing off the edge. He was a much better OLB in College and we are mixing in his OLB skills here lately and he has responded very well.

LOL @ Aikmans 5 Deion Sandarses comment.

Oline and Dline dominated overall. Even Flo has been producing lately.

Kevin Burnett is going to be a key free agent. He is so good in coverage for us and allows us to be flexible with Bradie James and others.

Martellus Bennett absolutely CRUSHED Julian Peterson on a Witten catch in the 2nd quarter. Its GIF worthy. Decleater.

BTW, Martellus is a beast.

We stole someone in almost every round of the draft this year.

Roy Williams deep ball was nice.

Romo is back in full force now and once this entire offense gets rolling we are going to be very tough down the stretch.

There was a Stanback siting on offense. I saw him out Wide in some of the 3 receiver sets.

His open field running yesterday was impressive to watch. Hes definetely got the size and speed.

I'm very impressed with Teshard Choices vision. Games like yesterday he needs the rock a lot more early on. Games like Pitt and their Crazy Blitz scheme are the games Barber needs the BULK.

Anthony Henry is starting to play solid ball again. Nothing great but he is getting better. Im excited to see this entire secondary healthy. Plus we get Pacrat back for Pitt.

Speaking of Pitt I can't wait for the game. Its going to be a battle.

We will get Pitts best game, @ Heinz field.

Good game overall.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
just so everyone knows.

The turkey dance was Jason Hatchers idea. apparently he was doing it at practice and the guys loved it and promised to do it at the game!!!

MrMom

Reaction score
theebs;2449239 said:
just so everyone knows.

The turkey dance was Jason Hatchers idea. apparently he was doing it at practice and the guys loved it and promised to do it at the game!!!

:laugh2:

I assumed that they all got it from Polk. On Fox they aired some clips of the pregame huddle ups and Polk was going to town on his crazy arse version of the turkey dance.

links18

Reaction score
Yes, Holland played well, but I would be cautious about thinking he has surpassed Kosier after one game against a 2 win team. Let's see how he does against Pittsburgh. BTW, any news on Kosier?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I was impressed with Holland. He only had a couple missed or partial blocks and the rest of the time really manhandled whoever they put in front of him. On the play before the Barber TD, he missed a tackler because he got caught up helping out Gurode on a block. On the next play he hit the guy in front of Gurode and then turned back to stonewall the guy that had made the tackle on the previous play leaving a huge hole for Barber.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Burnett's going to be a key free agent, but I'm sure that Jerry Jones will factor in his past injury history into any re-signing conversation with his agent. In my opinion, Burnett could have been a much bigger impact player on defense long ago if he hadn't been hurt so often.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
links18;2449255 said:
Yes, Holland played well, but I would be cautious about thinking he has surpassed Kosier after one game against a 2 win team. Let's see how he does against Pittsburgh. BTW, any news on Kosier?

Im pretty confident what we saw from Holland yesterday wasn't some kind of fluke.

There were people who thought he was Denvers best Olinemen last year.

Him showing up out of shape and getting traded was more of a statement being made by Shannahan imo. Plus his style fits what we do more.

Man blocking and not zone blocking.

His block on Barbers TD yesterday was outstanding.