CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about last night's blowout win!

Swagger

Reaction score
People are making too much of this blowout win. If the Eagles don't fumble the ball 3 times it's much closer. I still think we would have won, just not as convincingly. We still need to be able to stop opponents without needing them to turn the ball over on fumbles. Gilmore, as good as he played, he needs to turn around. A good QB will roast him.
Brown and Smith also failed to bring in two catches that would have effectively been touchdowns.

The Eagles played Chiefs (a), Bills (a), 49ers (h) and Cowboys (h) in the space of 20 days. That's arguably 4 of the best 6-8 teams in the league carrying some injuries and banged up bodies along the way.

The long break to their next game against the Seahawks will be huge for them in my view.

For me the post season will come down to home field advantage. I would expect the Cowboys to beat the Eagles at home and vice versa even though the Cowboys' offensive and defensive lines outplayed the Eagles in this game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Eagles lose both offensive and defensive coordinators to head coaching jobs

That is what happened to the eagles this year, and why they are going downhill.
Without those 2 coaches they are no longer the same team, and may never be.

Imagine if dallas lost its DC Dan Quinn, just that would change that with cowboys, now change dallas OC.

The eagles players may know the new guys are not working out and probably know it wont be like it was again so they are despondent.
They looked despondent to me the last 2 games, especially hurts, so the 22 eagles wont be back Their HC is more of a cheerleader not a coach, so he
cant fix it, he needs to go hire 2 new ones asap or he he will go down in flames

yeah phil owner should have went all out to keep those 2 , heck pay them more that the cheerleader hc.

Looks like it comes down to Dallas vs SF only.
Detroit should be better than they are, lacking good coaches there too, cambell is similar to the phil hc , all talk, he got lucky hiring coaches and now they are gone.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, they were. They took the ball. Just not something I'd expect as the norm. Like I said. I thought we were going to win anyway. I wasn't even that worried after the Carter scoop and score. Just annoyed.
It's pretty normal in big games. Hurts also fumbled in the Super Bowl where they lost by 3.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Per PFF, Jalen Carter didn't have a single pressure all game. Of course, he did score that fumble TD, but it speaks VERY well of our guards that they shut out an already top-5 DT.

I don't think Jordan Davis did anything either. Cox was the main problem.
Made that excellent play against Martin that caused the fumble.

quickccc

Reaction score
Who saw this coming? In my opinion, Eagles just looked defeated from the get go, perhaps the 49er loss was a carryover.

Offense

-Didn't feel Dak had one of his best games, but he had some terrific moments: pass to Cooks before the half and the Ferguson throw against the zero blitz come to mind. Did have some accuracy issues throughout the night, but still played high level football.
-Thought the run game looked the best as it did all year, they made the Eagles pay playing two safeties back. Looked like they split the carries.
-Excellent replay challenge by MM at the goal line that avoided a 4th down play.
-Steele had a nice bounce back game, not perfect, but far better. OL was terrific against an excellent front.
-Cowboy Offense still had major penalty issues, that will cost them win's if they continue.
-Welcome back Michael Gallup! TD, long reception, drew a PI, was his best game in over a month.
-Red Zone offense was much better then in the first matchup.
Thanks for Sharing, ..

HERE WE GOOOOO !!! ... “

I expected much more of a defensive challenge vs Hurts & Eagles - i expected much more RB Swift than usual, Dallas Goedert vs our LBs & safeties, and thought the game would be decided in the final 6-5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

- I did expect we would present much more of a fight -challenge this time vs Eagles, than last time on the road, on their turf. Why ?

- Dak and Mac’s Tex Coast offense is much more different and improved now, we push the ball much more vertically than what we did last Philly game, ... we are moving Lamb around more, involving speedy Cooks much more, and guys like Ferguson are really coming into their own-

- And then when you add more RBs in pass game, and can get production outta Gallup like we did, we present a much more stronger, more difficult challenge to not only Eagles, .but every team we’ll face.

- This ref crew so much slowed the game down with their persistent flags, seems like it was an automatic yellow every three plays, no matter the team ! ... let them play !!

- Some penalties on OL with Tyler, Biadsz, Steele and Martin, who lost his block on Fletcher for a Dak fumble for a Philly return TD ( their only TD of the entire night) Steele played adequate enuff to allow us to operate without chip help all night long, but he allowed a sack and there was a scary low knee hit on Dak.. (Yikes!)
But per OL, we were able to run the ball effectively, and Dak had looks to punish Philly secondary all night long.

- Dak hit several passes to several targets, spread the ball around, the strip fumble for a Philly TD was the one blemish, but Philly could not rattle him, and he actually rattled their suspect secondary.

- i'm still hungry for those patented 40-50+ Pollard explosive runs , but at least we seem to involved the RBs in the pass game. Rico returned from an injury, ..and yes great replay call on Rico's TD.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
People are making too much of this blowout win. If the Eagles don't fumble the ball 3 times it's much closer. I still think we would have won, just not as convincingly. We still need to be able to stop opponents without needing them to turn the ball over on fumbles. Gilmore, as good as he played, he needs to turn around. A good QB will roast him.
oh ffs

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing, ..

HERE WE GOOOOO !!! ... “

I expected much more of a defensive challenge vs Hurts & Eagles - i expected much more RB Swift than usual, Dallas Goedert vs our LBs & safeties, and thought the game would be decided in the final 6-5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

- I did expect we would present much more of a fight -challenge this time vs Eagles, than last time on the road, on their turf. Why ?

- Dak and Mac’s Tex Coast offense is much more different and improved now, we push the ball much more vertically than what we did last Philly game, ... we are moving Lamb around more, involving speedy Cooks much more, and guys like Ferguson are really coming into their own-

- And then when you add more RBs in pass game, and can get production outta Gallup like we did, we present a much more stronger, more difficult challenge to not only Eagles, .but every team we’ll face.

- This ref crew so much slowed the game down with their persistent flags, seems like it was an automatic yellow every three plays, no matter the team ! ... let them play !!

- Some penalties on OL with Tyler, Biadsz, Steele and Martin, who lost his block on Fletcher for a Dak fumble for a Philly return TD ( their only TD of the entire night) Steele played adequate enuff to allow us to operate without chip help all night long, but he allowed a sack and there was a scary low knee hit on Dak.. (Yikes!)
But per OL, we were able to run the ball effectively, and Dak had looks to punish Philly secondary all night long.

- Dak hit several passes to several targets, spread the ball around, the strip fumble for a Philly TD was the one blemish, but Philly could not rattle him, and he actually rattled their suspect secondary.

- i'm still hungry for those patented 40-50+ Pollard explosive runs , but at least we seem to involved the RBs in the pass game. Rico returned from an injury, ..and yes great replay call on Rico's TD.
Run game looked the best I've seen all season long. Many 7-8 yard runs. Seemed like they used Polland/Dowdle in more of a 50/50 split, we will see when the snap counts come out.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys forced those fumbles.

Proof

Reaction score
It was a great win last night, but something about the game troubles me a little. It just seemed that the Eagles were ok with losing this game. In the 4th quarter, down by 17, they were taking their time moving the ball with no sense of urgency. Yes, they got down to the 20, but then the forced fumble ended the drive. To me it seemed as if they didn't think the game was worth much. Maybe it is knowing that they have an advantage over the next 4 games and have a good chance of winning the East. If that happens, Dallas will likely have to go there in the second round of the playoffs and they are comfortable knowing that. I could be wrong, but that is what it felt like.
i didn't get that sense at all. they just looked defeated. past two weeks seemed to have sapped the fight out of them