Thoughts/Opinions about my trip to Eagles/Cards game, Lions victory!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I attended the Philly/Cards game yesterday as my wife grew up in the Philly Suburbs. No Cowboy Gear on me, knew better, lol. Great seats, probably about 10 rows back on the field in the end zone. Very passionate, die hard fans, many were all liquored up. I was going to puke hearing the Eagles Fly song after every TD, didn't hear many f Dallas chants, which I was expecting.

-Who would of thought at the start of the season both the Cowboys/Eagles would lose to a rebuilding/tanking Cardinal team, where both the Giants/Commanders beat in close victories. Cards are a far better team than many realize.
-James Conner did the exact same thing to the Eagles, they just couldn't stop him all game long. Very physical back that breaks a ton of tackles, if he becomes available, he is the type of player who would do wonders for our poor running game.
-Eagles were up 21-6 at halftime, mainly due to a 100 yr interception return by the Eagle Safety. The Eagles Defense just couldn't stop them in the 2nd half, believe they scored 4 TD's. The Cardinals had nothing at the receiver position and still got easy conversions. The Eagle Defense might be the worst in the entire playoff field.
-Gannon almost threw the game, going for an onside kick late.
-Fans were killing Jalen Hurts, but you can do nothing if your defense cannot stop nobody!
-Eagles rarely generate much pressure with their front 4 and are afraid to blitz the QB and leave they coverage light.
-When the Eagles get in trouble, they start running the football or look for AJ Brown who is their Lamb.

Quick Thoughts about the Cowboy/Lion Game:

-1st of all BS rule with the CeeDee fumble in the endzone, the NFL has talked about getting rid of the dumb rule next season.
-This offense is become very reliant on Lamb, but Romo did the same with TO/Witten and was the #1 offense in the league.
-Cowboys simply just cannot run the football at all, this will ultimately get them beat at some point. It is the #1 priority this offseason to fix.
-Cooks isn't seeing a lot of targets, but he seems to make big plays every game.
-Thought Wilson/Lewis played their best games of the season.
-What is Quinn doing on that last drive and why is Parsons rushing against their best lineman?
-Gave a pass the 1st time for MM/Dak, but end of game was awful and should of gotten them beat. For Dak, if you throw the football, either he is wide open or you take a knee, did the same thing a few weeks ago, bad football decision!

-As for the 2 point play, it was total BS that the Lions lost on that call, but they could of kicked the extra point and played for overtime. Campbell stubborness, costed them the game. By the way with 23 seconds, couple of timeouts and a long distance kicker, game was far from over.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I attended the Philly/Cards game yesterday as my wife grew up in the Philly Suburbs. No Cowboy Gear on me, knew better, lol. Great seats, probably about 10 rows back on the field in the end zone. Very passionate, die hard fans, many were all liquored up. I was going to puke hearing the Eagles Fly song after every TD, didn't hear many f Dallas chants, which I was expecting.

-Who would of thought at the start of the season both the Cowboys/Eagles would lose to a rebuilding/tanking Cardinal team, where both the Giants/Commanders beat in close victories. Cards are a far better team than many realize.
-James Conner did the exact same thing to the Eagles, they just couldn't stop him all game long. Very physical back that breaks a ton of tackles, if he becomes available, he is the type of player who would do wonders for our poor running game.
-Eagles were up 21-6 at halftime, mainly due to a 100 yr interception return by the Eagle Safety. The Eagles Defense just couldn't stop them in the 2nd half, believe they scored 4 TD's. The Cardinals had nothing at the receiver position and still got easy conversions. The Eagle Defense might be the worst in the entire playoff field.
-Fans were killing Jalen Hurts, but you can do nothing if your defense cannot stop nobody!
-Eagles rarely generate much pressure with their front 4 and are afraid to blitz the QB and leave they coverage light.
-When the Eagles get in trouble, they start running the football or look for AJ Brown who is their Lamb.

-1st of all BS rule with the CeeDee fumble in the endzone, the NFL has talked about getting rid of the dumb rule next season.
-This offense is become very reliant on Lamb, but Romo did the same with TO/Witten and was the #1 offense in the league.
-Cowboys simply just cannot run the football at all, this will ultimately get them beat at some point. It is the #1 priority this offseason to fix.
-Cooks isn't seeing a lot of targets, but he seems to make big plays every game.
-What is Quinn doing on that last drive and why is Parsons rushing against their best lineman?
-Gave a pass the 1st time for MM/Dak, but end of game was awful and should of gotten them beat. For Dak, if you throw the football, either he is wide open or you take a knee, did the same thing a few weeks ago, bad football decision!

-As for the 2 point play, it was total BS that the Lions lost on that call, but they could have kicked the extra point and played for overtime. Campbell stubborness, costed them the game. By the way with 23 seconds, couple of timeouts and a long distance kicker, game was far from over.
You are brave man. What is Philadelphia’s issue now that you have seen them close up? The offensive and defensive lines appeared to digress. What happened to the Georgia boys on defense?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You are brave man. What is Philadelphia’s issue now that you have seen them close up? The offensive and defensive lines appeared to digress. What happened to the Georgia boys on defense?
They play a very conservative defense and try to take away the big passing plays. Linebackers are very average, especially in coverage. Don’t blitz too much and their front 4 is struggling to generate any kind of pressure.

In my opinion, their offense is fine is still very good, but their defense is god awful!

quickccc

Reaction score

-As for the 2 point play, it was total BS that the Lions lost on that call, but they could of kicked the extra point and played for overtime. Campbell stubborness, costed them the game. By the way with 23 seconds, couple of timeouts and a long distance kicker, game was far from over.
Thanks for sharing ..

- I disagree- that’s not a BS rule, Lamb simply has to secure that ball all the way into the end zone

- Lions tried to confuse both the Cowboys ..and the refs. Not clear and thus That penalty is on them deservingly.

OFFENSE
- Lamb will always carry bulk of the offense, so long as we can keep moving/scheming him around as such, slot, both sides, rub routes and bunch formations. Make it very difficult to umbrella/bracket him. Only limit as Vic Fangio type counter scheme Dak/Mac. Lions simply did not have an answer to Lamb.

- No Gallup, small use of Ferguson, but Cooks came up big including abig key corner TD, we’r not getting enuff plays/production per 3rd/4th Wrs

- we’re one dimensional- all pass/no run - Hutchison raided havock on our OL, we could not block him
We have a hideous run scheme and OL cannot block in run game thus no run game ..again ! and we since we do not exploit Rbs in pass game- we got very little to nothing with our Rbs. They are merely decoys and blitz blockers. Kudos to Pollard for playing 90-plus of game- very little of Deuce.

- BTW, i cannot wait to get rid of all responsible for this RB scheme, run block scheme and OL unit.
Starting with OL coach Mike Solari, and jury decision on OC Schottenheimer,

DEFENSES

- Defense gave up some plays -both vs run and pass, but still manage to keep explosive Lions offense
under 20 points and made huge key turnover INTs when they had to.

- Ala Lewis and Donovan ! I finally saw Wilson more around the line, than deeper in secondary, and it paid off.

- Parsons and Dlaw were in backfield disrupting; assist with Fowler, Bell was solid, but the gaps & chunk runs
by Lions RBs concerning. BTW, Lions are further example to having an effective run game with smaller splash backs.

-Bland gave up a deep pass but otherwise a part of reason why Lions only scored 19 points..

Special teams

Ok Bones, cuz of Jalen Tolbert, we’ve been suckered twice on fake punts, teams obviously know he’s not a defensive gunner and can be targeted and exploited - so make changes/make adjustments !..- now i can see why CJ Goodwin is so missed, and so valuable !

Another great game for kicker Aubrey Tucker- easily best FG kicker in NFC, imo

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing ..

- I disagree- that’s not a BS rule, Lamb simply has to secure that ball all the way into the end zone

- Lions tried to confuse both the Cowboys ..and the refs. Not clear and thus That penalty is on them deservingly.

OFFENSE
- Lamb will always carry bulk of the offense, so long as we can keep moving/scheming him around as such, slot, both sides, rub routes and bunch formations. Make it very difficult to umbrella/bracket him. Only limit as Vic Fangio type counter scheme Dak/Mac. Lions simply did not have an answer to Lamb.

- No Gallup, small use of Ferguson, but Cooks came up big including abig key corner TD, we’r not getting enuff plays/production per 3rd/4th Wrs

- we’re one dimensional- all pass/no run - Hutchison raided havock on our OL, we could not block him
We have a hideous run scheme and OL cannot block in run game thus no run game ..again ! and we since we do not exploit Rbs in pass game- we got very little to nothing with our Rbs. They are merely decoys and blitz blockers. Kudos to Pollard for playing 90-plus of game- very little of Deuce.

- BTW, i cannot wait to get rid of all responsible for this RB scheme, run block scheme and OL unit.
Starting with OL coach Mike Solari, and jury decision on OC Schottenheimer,

DEFENSES

- Defense gave up some plays -both vs run and pass, but still manage to keep explosive Lions offense
under 20 points and made huge key turnover INTs when they had to.

- Ala Lewis and Donovan ! I finally saw Wilson more around the line, than deeper in secondary, and it paid off.

- Parsons and Dlaw were in backfield disrupting; assist with Fowler, Bell was solid, but the gaps & chunk runs
by Lions RBs concerning. BTW, Lions are further example to having an effective run game with smaller splash backs.

-Bland gave up a deep pass but otherwise a part of reason why Lions only scored 19 points..

Special teams

Ok Bones, cuz of Jalen Tolbert, we’ve been suckered twice on fake punts, teams obviously know he’s not a defensive gunner and can be targeted and exploited - so make changes/make adjustments !..- now i can see why CJ Goodwin is so missed, and so valuable !

Another great game for kicker Aubrey Tucker- easily best FG kicker in NFC, imo
-agree, team must bring in a new OL coach and plays a scheme that fits our personnel.
-yes, Tolbert was targeted again on the fake punt, time to replace him with a player like Wright who can actually cover.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I’m ok with the fumbling through the end zone resulting in a turnover and touchback. Defense should be rewarded. Not the offense because they lost the ball and in some cases were forced to lose the ball.
It such a back breaking play for the offense, losing possession at the goal line.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So how were the Eagles fans after they recovered the onside kick, all happy and giddy?
Then how were they after the Cards go ahead TD, crying?
How were they leaving the stadium after the loss?
Did you get out of there quick trying not to smile, or say GO COWBOYS? :laugh:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

While I tend to agree with most of your assessment on the Dallas game, I don’t agree that it was a BS way for the lions to lose. It’s been proven the past few days that the Lions were intentionally trying to deceive the Cowboys on the play. The Lions have admitted this on at least two occasions. There’s nothing BS about losing on a deception that could also be construed as attempting to cheat. Dallas covered the eligible receiver on the play, and certainly would have done the same if it was announced that 68 was eligible.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They play a very conservative defense and try to take away the big passing plays. Linebackers are very average, especially in coverage. Don’t blitz too much and their front 4 is struggling to generate any kind of pressure.

In my opinion, their offense is fine is still very good, but their defense is god awful!
So it appears signing Hurts to that big extension might have cost them their linebackers and safeties?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So how were the Eagles fans after they recovered the onside kick, all happy and giddy?
Then how were they after the Cards go ahead TD, crying?
How were they leaving the stadium after the loss?
Did you get out of there quick trying not to smile, or say GO COWBOYS? :laugh:
-They thought their former coach gave them the game.
-They were screaming and yelling at the team.
-Priceless, seeing all of them pist off leaving.
-Took off quickly as they were going to destroy something, lol.

coult44

Reaction score

-As for the 2 point play, it was total BS that the Lions lost on that call, but they could have kicked the extra point and played for overtime. Campbell stubborness, costed them the game. By the way with 23 seconds, couple of timeouts and a long distance kicker, game was far from over.
I’m hearing Gannon thought tf they missed getting the onside kick they would at least have enough time to get the ball back. If they kick it deep Eagles could get a couple first downs by having a ton of field to work with. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Jipper

Reaction score
very cool...ill be in a suite in NY this weekend and will do some philly scouting too! Hoping the giants punk them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Very physical back that breaks a ton of tackles, if he becomes available, he is the type of player who would do wonders for our poor running game.
I said the same thing watching this kid.........nothing sexy, just physical and consistent. Reminds me a little of DeMarco Murray, always falling forward. Hell, I even looked up his contract.......he still has a non-guaranteed (2024) left on his deal.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I’m ok with the fumbling through the end zone resulting in a turnover and touchback. Defense should be rewarded. Not the offense because they lost the ball and in some cases were forced to lose the ball.
It's a penalty for being dumb, fumbling into the end zone is about the dumbest thing you can do.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I said the same thing watching this kid.........nothing sexy, just physical and consistent. Reminds me a little of DeMarco Murray, always falling forward. Hell, I even looked up his contract.......he still has a non-guaranteed (2024) left on his deal.
He was real impressive

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gannon going for an onside kick was ballsy genius as he was counting on his defense to hold them to a FG while giving his offense more time to respond.

It basically won the game for him.