CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about this week's important matchup

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
We have the moniest kicker, at least on FGs

Disclaimer
I know moniest is not a word, I'm post anesthesia right now a little slack is due
Disclaimer you never post about kickers. Its a HEX.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He has gotten better, but we haven't seen many explosive plays at all, compare to last season. I do not think it's our OL, but rather him coming off of a broken leg. I would be very surprised to see him back next season.
but he's being used in a different way.... i never said where he was gonna be on this team next year nor should he be..Draft a top 3 rb But ohh i'm saying is they are very similar players and their production shows it... side by side with eagles clearly having a better OL/run scheme says they are very comparable, call it a tie!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
but he's being used in a different way.... i never said where he was gonna be on this team next year nor should he be..Draft a top 3 rb But ohh i'm saying is they are very similar players and their production shows it... side by side with eagles clearly having a better OL/run scheme says they are very comparable, call it a tie!
Agree they use Swift better and he has a better OL, but in my opinion, he isn't the same player this season, where last year we saw many chunk plays. Granted, he was coming off the bench, but haven't seen much explosiveness out of him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Buffalo is actually the team that showed the blueprint on how to stop Philly the week before. They just didn’t have the players to finish it.
both Buffalo and SF showed how to attack the philly defense. Bills didn't have the defensive discipline to maintain Hurts. SF did.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
both Buffalo and SF showed how to attack the philly defense. Bills didn't have the defensive discipline to maintain Hurts. SF did.
Yes and no.

The Bills' bigger problem was the 4th quarter INT that lead to a 24-yard Eagles TD drive and then the 60-yard field goal on a 34-yard drive. The Bills got too conservative on D on the final drive and kind of ran out of gas, but it was the offense and coaching decisions that blew it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes and no.

The Bills' bigger problem was the 4th quarter INT that lead to a 24-yard Eagles TD drive and then the 60-yard field goal on a 34-yard drive. The Bills got too conservative on D on the final drive and kind of ran out of gas, but it was the offense and coaching decisions that blew it.
I don't disagree with their defensive going away from what was working and playing prevent and then allowing them to get into position to kick and insane 64 field goal....when somebody is down, you drive the knife and finish them. you don't take your foot off

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If the Eagles see many 3rd and shorts, we are in trouble.
This is why I have said ........we will unlikely win a close game with them. Notice the 49ers kept a good lead on them. I think you have to.....couple of critical elements in their favorite that are next to impossible to stop
Tush push
Hurts's ability to take over if the game is close. In other words, containing him is hard for 3 quarters for players with fresh legs. Now try doing the final few min when most players are gassed.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yes, we are in that "must game", not for the playoffs, but if the Cowboys want any chance of winning the division and landing that #1 seed, they must beat the Eagles on Sunday night. Eagles will be an angry team and they know, win Sunday, they lock up the NFC East and have an inside track of getting that 1st rd bye.

Offense

-Eagles Defensive Strength is their DL and deep rotation. Cannot allow them to wreck the game like they did in the 1st matchup. Not just Steele, the whole line needs to play well.
-Dak needs to attack the middle of the field, their biggest weakness is at the LB/Safety positions in coverage. Lamb/Ferguson need to have huge days in this area.
-Stay patient and take what is giving, do not force passes as the Eagles do have a ton of veterans who have seen everything.
-Make them pay playing two safeties back, must successfully run the football against light boxes, We saw a little last time, but penalties derailed it.
-Yes, penalties have to be much, much better in this game, cannot expect to be consistently be successful third and longs, especially against their front.
-Have to do a better job inside the red zone, the Eagles offense is too good to be kicking FG's.

Defense

-Really do believe the 49ers showed the league the blueprint how to stop Jalen Hurts. Stay disciplined in your rushing lanes and force Hurts to pass inside the pocket. Quinn has to forget about those twists/stunts this game, which tend to leave huge holes to run through.
-D'Andre Smith is the key player to stop this week, both the run and the pass. He is the player that they always go to when they are struggling. Might be a good game to play Parsons off the ball, pick spots to blitz, but also to cover Swift in the passing game.
-After the last two weeks, you will definitely see the Eagles isolate Bland in coverage. If he does struggle again, must roll safety protection. This would be a great game to play more zone, but the Cowboys have been more of a man coverage team all year long.
-Dallas Goedert is returning this week, he is Hurts safety value moving the sticks.
-Red Zone defense, Eagles also have struggled scoring TD's this season, Cowboys can give up the yards, but must make them kick some FG's.
-Cowboys need to force a turnover as this will be a back and forth game, kind of like Seattle.

Special Teams

-Both have money FG kickers with range
-Where the Cowboys have the advantage is their return game
Thanks for Sharing ...

Every game is a Must Game, when you are in an NFC East race and playoff home berth. Even after this Philly game win or lose, it will be a must game.

It’s also key cuz we need to see how we match up vs Eagles,..they are one of the two teams where it all count come NFC playoffs

- Even if Philly had won vs 49ers, they would come after America’s Team no matter what .. we are opposing team’s mini-Super Bowl game, even if it were SB champs. We will always remain a motivating measuring stick to all NFL.

- Expect to keep hearing the “ HEAR WE GO “ audio snap count cadence from QB Dak,.. some think it is to reduce confusion and false staff penalites from the OL unit.

- Of course no self turnovers, killer penalties, and we have to overcome the refs crew- but our last failing was still more us than the refs or Philly.

- We were did not involve or employ speedy Brandin Cooks- they don’t anyone that can stay with him if he’s targeted and schemed well. They will not handle or control Lamb, with the way CD is being moving around, mismatched often, inside & outside

- Big Mac made major re-adjustments to his offense, to push ball downfield, hitting multiple weapons, moving
Lamb around, involving Cooks, and we are improved just slightly in run game.

- Dak’s game has taken off - Red Zone, TD to INT ratio, spreading ball around, effective vs man and zones, and using his mobility more while still being smartly about it (slides, run out of bounds) and he’s terrific at goal line RPO ball handling

- Gallup seems to be de-emphasized in this Tex Coast offense, and that’s good cuz he tends to cause several Dak INTs with his sloppy poor routes.

- Imagine this offense if Cooks was schemed and involved more (ala deep fly/go shots) and we can get
the ole ‘22 explosive Pollard and his home run TDs and huge chunk plays !! ..wow !

- Odd how we'll use Tolbert and Gallup on over the top Fly/go deep shots but we don't use one of the fastest WRs in NFL in Cooks for these kind of plays.

quickccc

Reaction score
Defense

-D'Andre Smith is the key player to stop this week, both the run and the pass. He is the player that they always go to when they are struggling. Might be a good game to play Parsons off the ball, pick spots to blitz, but also to cover Swift in the passing game.
I'm assuming you meant D'Andre Swift .. instead of Smith ? Right ?

- I heard Philly fans (lousy, arrogant as they are)... have been hollerin' at Eagles HC Nick Sirianni to involve
RB Swift much more often in run game

- Philly seem to use him for one or two plus plays ...and then stop and abandon him the minute he has a minus play.
They scheme design for Swift smartly..
While Big Mac will just keep thrusting & jamming Pollard up the middle gut, like he's a grinding bell cow
while Philly will try to run Swift off tackle or scheme him more towards the edge that better translate to more chunk/splash plays.

- Some keep insisting that we have to have a big pound bell cow back, ..when we see all purpose. speedy types
like Swift in Philly... McCaffrey with Niners... , ET in Jax, ..Jahmyr Gibbs in Detroit .... Breece Hall NY Jets .... Raheem Mostert ... Kamara, etc.

- I'm glad we're seeing Pollard with " angry" runs and goal line rushing TDs, but we are still not seeing
Pollard at his best ... schemed at his best, imo.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm assuming you meant D'Andre Swift .. instead of Smith ? Right ?

- I heard Philly fans (lousy, arrogant as they are)... have been hollerin' at Eagles HC Nick Sirianni to involve
RB Swift much more often in run game

- Philly seem to use him for one or two plus plays ...and then stop and abandon him the minute he has a minus play.
They scheme design for Swift smartly..
While Big Mac will just keep thrusting & jamming Pollard up the middle gut, like he's a grinding bell cow
while Philly will try to run Swift off tackle or scheme him more towards the edge that better translate to more chunk/splash plays.

- Some keep insisting that we have to have a big pound bell cow back, ..when we see all purpose. speedy types
like Swift in Philly... McCaffrey with Niners... , ET in Jax, ..Jahmyr Gibbs in Detroit .... Breece Hall NY Jets .... Raheem Mostert ... Kamara, etc.

- I'm glad we're seeing Pollard with " angry" runs and goal line rushing TDs, but we are still not seeing
Pollard at his best ... schemed at his best, imo.
No, they haven't use Pollard right all season long.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing ...

Every game is a Must Game, when you are in an NFC East race and playoff home berth. Even after this Philly game win or lose, it will be a must game.

It’s also key cuz we need to see how we match up vs Eagles,..they are one of the two teams where it all count come NFC playoffs

- Even if Philly had won vs 49ers, they would come after America’s Team no matter what .. we are opposing team’s mini-Super Bowl game, even if it were SB champs. We will always remain a motivating measuring stick to all NFL.

- Expect to keep hearing the “ HEAR WE GO “ audio snap count cadence from QB Dak,.. some think it is to reduce confusion and false staff penalites from the OL unit.

- Of course no self turnovers, killer penalties, and we have to overcome the refs crew- but our last failing was still more us than the refs or Philly.

- We were did not involve or employ speedy Brandin Cooks- they don’t anyone that can stay with him if he’s targeted and schemed well. They will not handle or control Lamb, with the way CD is being moving around, mismatched often, inside & outside

- Big Mac made major re-adjustments to his offense, to push ball downfield, hitting multiple weapons, moving
Lamb around, involving Cooks, and we are improved just slightly in run game.

- Dak’s game has taken off - Red Zone, TD to INT ratio, spreading ball around, effective vs man and zones, and using his mobility more while still being smartly about it (slides, run out of bounds) and he’s terrific at goal line RPO ball handling

- Gallup seems to be de-emphasized in this Tex Coast offense, and that’s good cuz he tends to cause several Dak INTs with his sloppy poor routes.

- Imagine this offense if Cooks was schemed and involved more (ala deep fly/go shots) and we can get
the ole ‘22 explosive Pollard and his home run TDs and huge chunk plays !! ..wow !

- Odd how we'll use Tolbert and Gallup on over the top Fly/go deep shots but we don't use one of the fastest WRs in NFL in Cooks for these kind of plays.
-Think Gallup isn't going to be on this roster next season, If you notice his snaps have gone way down as the season progressed.
-We have discussed it before, strange that they don't use Cooks more to blow the top of the defense.

75boyz

Reaction score
I "think" they've got just enuf to beat them at home.
To follow it up on the road at Miami and Buffalo will be a playoff like challenge.
So these next few games should be entertaining at the least.

Cowboys!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Disagree, about deep shots, their scheme is all about keeping everything in front of them, they will not abandon shell coverage too often. Has to take what is given and go on long, time consuming drives that hopefully lead to 7 points.
We’ll see when it happens