CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about yesterday's win!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Offense

-Excellent game plan and execution. Many will complain this attack was boring, but if teams are going to play deep shell coverage, this is how you beat that type of scheme, along with running the football against light boxes. Force them out of this scheme and then the big, passing plays will take place. Tom Brady won many games taking what the defense was giving him. Possessing the football not only wares down a Defense, but keep your own defense fresh.
-Fantastic performance by Lamb. Jets knew they had only 1 receiving option to worry about and he still destroyed them. This is a sign that we indeed have a legitimate #1 receiver.
-Heads up play by Biaz recovering the fumble down the field, did it also in the Giant game.
-Rushing offense had it's struggles against a real good front, by MM stayed with it and use the short passing game as an extension to the run. Dak was seeing manageable 3rd and distances.
-Really struggled down in the redzone. Dak missed an easy TD and took a bad sack. Like the unbalanced line, but Q. Williams wrecked Tyron Smith. Didn't like the play call to Hendershot, either.

Defense

-Very hard to judge their run defense as they were loading up against the run and daring the Jets to beat them with the pass.
-Parsons is a total game wrecker, but they have to try not overwork him to prevent him from waring down later on in the season.
-Osa is starting to look like he has taken that next step, already 3 sacks in 2 games.
-Terrible angle by Hooker, where that long TD reception, should of never happened.
-DLaw isn't a great pass rusher, but he makes huge plays every season, him deflecting that pass after before halftime, prevented a TD.
-Struggled with QB runs before half, but shut that down afterwards.

Special Teams

-Got caught off guard with the early fake punt, still it was just a yard needed. However, this flipped the field for the Jets.
-Fantastic game by Audrey, made all his kicks and even a 55 yarder.
-Didn't like some of the fair catches by Turpin.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The Jets D is good. So to control the game the way the Dallas O did was great to see. I was not a fan of playing for FG when we got to the RZ but we ended the day with 30 points and 0 turnovers so can't be to upset with that. Dak is getting the ball out faster than he ever has so that is a good thing. Outside of San Fran, that may be the best D we see all year and they were dominated. Good start of the year for MM and Dak. Our D is getting on that next level to be considered the best of the best. I hope they can keep this energy all year. I was expecting a low scoring game, expected the Jets to be more committed to the run, I was wrong on both counts.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Big shout out to the OL, playing with some injuries and rookie OG Bass from time to time. They played well. Tempo was is improving. Can’t wait to see all the starts playing. Get well Cooks and Smith. The D has been balling. Bring on the Cardinals!

75boyz

Reaction score
Jets still have plenty of defensive talent at all 3 levels so regardless of circumstance, it was still impressive to drop 30 on them while still being a work in progress offense so far.

But on the other side of the ball...
Not many, if any teams can withstand the historic level of defensive pressure being applied by the Cowboy dee right now.

And to top it off, the kicker has currently far exceeded my expectations.
So that about covers it.
So far so good team.
Keep up the good work.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense

-Excellent game plan and execution. Many will complain this attack was boring, but if teams are going to play deep shell coverage, this is how you beat that type of scheme, along with running the football against light boxes. Force them out of this scheme and then the big, passing plays will take place. Tom Brady won many games taking what the defense was giving him. Possessing the football not only wares down a Defense, but keep your own defense fresh.
-Fantastic performance by Lamb. Jets knew they had only 1 receiving option to worry about and he still destroyed them. This is a sign that we indeed have a legitimate #1 receiver.
-Heads up play by Biaz recovering the fumble down the field, did it also in the Giant game.
-Rushing offense had it's struggles against a real good front, by MM stayed with it and use the short passing game as an extension to the run. Dak was seeing manageable 3rd and distances.
-Really struggled down in the redzone. Dak missed an easy TD and took a bad sack. Like the unbalanced line, but Q. Williams wrecked Tyron Smith. Didn't like the play call to Hendershot, either.

Defense

-Very hard to judge their run defense as they were loading up against the run and daring the Jets to beat them with the pass.
-Parsons is a total game wrecker, but they have to try not overwork him to prevent him from waring down later on in the season.
-Osa is starting to look like he has taken that next step, already 3 sacks in 2 games.
-Terrible angle by Hooker, where that long TD reception, should of never happened.
-DLaw isn't a great pass rusher, but he makes huge plays every season, him deflecting that pass after before halftime, prevented a TD.

Special Teams

-Got caught off guard with the early fake punt, still it was just a yard needed. However, this flipped the field for the Jets.
Here’s an amazing stat from yesterday: The Cowboys had 87 offensive snaps to the jets 47. That means the Cowboys possessed the ball 65% of the total snaps played yesterday. It may not have looked “stylish” enough to some but to have a dominance like an 87-47 snap difference is incredible.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Day and night difference in KM offensive philosophy and MMs.

Giving rest to defense worked wonders ,double TOP, and fresher eager aggressive D,pouncing on the opposing offense , turnovers.

All in all , steady improvement, now the improving OL run blocking and better LB play will put us over the top.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Here’s an amazing stat from yesterday: The Cowboys had 87 offensive snaps to the jets 47. That means the Cowboys possessed the ball 65% of the total snaps played yesterday. It may not have looked “stylish” enough to some but to have a dominance like an 87-47 snap difference is incredible.
They are going to face a similar scheme with the 49ers/Eagles, this will be the recipe for success.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Big shout out to the OL, playing with some injuries and rookie OG Bass from time to time. They played well. Tempo was is improving. Can’t wait to see all the starts playing. Get well Cooks and Smith. The D has been balling. Bring on the Cardinals!
3 step drops really helps out an OL. We yet to have a big rushing game, think that is coming when Tyler returns.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Jets still have plenty of defensive talent at all 3 levels so regardless of circumstance, it was still impressive to drop 30 on them while still being a work in progress offense so far.

But on the other side of the ball...
Not many, if any teams can withstand the historic level of defensive pressure being applied by the Cowboy dee right now.

And to top it off, the kicker has currently far exceeded my expectations.
So that about covers it.
So far so good team.
Keep up the good work.
Giant/Jets have real poor OL's, excited to see how they play against the better OL's in this league like the Eagles/49ers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My only complaint was play (and play calling) in the red zone. I'm probably not alone with that.

1st down with the ball on the one yard line and we try to run Hendershot wide? You have 3 downs - power the ball in.

Then later with the ball on the 9 yard line we decide to run 2 plays that collectively lost 2 yards, then we threw a 3 yard pass. It almost seemed like we didn't want to score the TD.

Add to that the pass Dak missed in the end zone, and it was just a bad day trying to get a TD after getting to the red zone.

But our kicker came through. Nice to build some confidence there.

Maybe the dominance of the defense altered the way we called plays. Would like to have seen us go for the throat in those situations though

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Points made on the morning shows and some of mine.

1. The Dallas offense plays against perhaps the fastest defense in football daily! The Dallas offense was not intimidated or thrown off by the "Greatness" of the Jets defense. The Jets strength and speed were not a determining factor in the game. Because the Dallas defense brings it at practice like clockwork.

(Which makes me think of the banter between Diggs and the defense and Dak. Reminds me of Irvin talking Ish to the defense every day, challenging them. At the time I believe people thought it was a bad thing Diggs and company were talking smak. But it may just cause the offense to step it up.)

2. Micah Parsons has improved from last season. His hand fighting has taken him to another level. This guy may not only be the DPOY, but the league MVP.

3. Credit @FuzzyLumpkins with the idea Mac is holding back nuances of the offense. It may be a combination of not tipping his hand, recognizing his defense will win the day, and accurately assessing the game is in hand and conservative, safeguards the ball and doesn't allow the other team to get back into the game.

Dallas ran 83 plays against the Vaunted Jet's Defense.

So how much was this being conservative, the Jets, perhaps the offense still coming together?

4. There are still players on this offensive line who have not started as yet. I have ragged on the franchise all off season about build the line and the Lombardi will come©. I may have been wrong. It's two games, so still very early. But this looks promising.

And Cooks did not play. Which may be as effective as the entire starting offensive line on the field at the same time.

5. Talking heads and doubters are claiming, "Just Wait...this is the Cowboys and the sky will fall."

But name the last team the Cowboys fielded over this 27 year drought that has a defense filled with meat eaters, including the best player on the field. And an offense which can play ball control?

I don't want to get too far out in front of this, but I don't see Purdy as a threat, and feel the Eagles have come back to earth.

Each year there is a battle cry by this team. Finish, Teamwork, or some such.

My vote is the battle cry for this season should be, "Let the system work."

On both sides of the ball.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Funny that you noticed the one play that Tyron messed up on but for the second week in the row you didn’t hear the pass rusher he was blocking name the whole game. Hopefully next week Tyler will be activated so the line will finally be whole.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I don't have a crystal ball. Team looks good.

They looked good last year as well.

I'm always the glass is half empty kind of guy so I don't get disappointed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Super bowl contender incredible.