Video: Throwback Thursday 1993 NFC Championship

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite game of the Jimmy Johnson era. Candlestick park was so bad you can see them painting the lines in the mud during a break.

Great game, one of my all time favorites too.
It was a game we weren't suppose to win, because we were too young, inexperienced. And SF was the big kid on the block.
They were supposed to kill us.

Then the same thing for the SB. The Bills, no way they would lose to the Cowboys. Bill been there after all, twice. We were too young. We would get tired from their hurry up offense. When in fact, and a few Dallas players said, it was the Bills OL that were huffing and puffing, not the Dallas D.

I have both on VHS still. As I do with many of the 90's teams wins. Plan to convert them to digital, but very time consuming.

morasp

Reaction score
Great game, one of my all time favorites too.
It was a game we weren't suppose to win, because we were too young, inexperienced. And SF was the big kid on the block.
They were supposed to kill us.

Then the same thing for the SB. The Bills, no way they would lose to the Cowboys. Bill been there after all, twice. We were too young. We would get tired from their hurry up offense. When in fact, and a few Dallas players said, it was the Bills OL that were huffing and puffing, not the Dallas D.

I have both on VHS still. As I do with many of the 90's teams wins. Plan to convert them to digital, but very time consuming.

I don't know if they're still available but I have a sony VHS/DVD player that converts pretty easily.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if they're still available but I have a sony VHS/DVD player that converts pretty easily.

I have an old Panasonic one converts to DVD.
But I have some software, that will convert to different formats right to my computer.

I have converted a highlight video on that SB season as it works pretty well.

I started that year, but never got to it the following years.
I recorded the highlights of all their games. ESPN, Inside the NFL, but may have missed a few of those. Also from CNN when they had their own sports shows. So as the kept winning, I kept recoding them. Then all the playoff and SB highlights and shows. It is over 2 hours of highlights.

kapolani

Reaction score
I remember going nuts when Harper made that catch. One of my favorite games. Green Bay at home was a fun one too.

TheHerd

Reaction score
That was a gutsy play call. But also smart, as no one expected it.

And Irvin tells a great story about how he switched positions with Harper because when the same play was called earlier in the game Aikman went to the slot receiver, not the slant, and Irvin wanted the ball at such a critical moment. Oops!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Irvin tells a great story about how he switched positions with Harper because when the same play was called earlier in the game Aikman went to the slot receiver, not the slant, and Irvin wanted the ball at such a critical moment. Oops!

Yes I was going to mention that, but forgot exactly how that went. I know he said the ball was to go to him, so he thought, but it didn't.
Thanks for the clarification.