Throwing Up Last Year's Crow

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Who else is throwing up the "crow" we ate on Jason Garrett last year?

Prior to last year I was anti-Garrett and wanted him replaced. After last year, I swallowed my pride and admitted I must have been wrong about him and ate the proverbial crow.

Now, that meal has upset my stomach after watching the truth come out this year - seeing Garrett w/o Romo bailing him out. He has had quite a few years of his process and player acquisitions to get this team better than the absolute garbage it is w/o Romo at the helm.

I get that losing your franchise QB and top WR will hurt your team immensely, but to this level? No way!

Garrett is awful and I am not about to eat any more crow pertaining to him. Any future victories will be in spite of him not because of him.

Garrett is the reason closed-minded people stay that way. I tried to open my mind and accept that Red was actually becoming good. All that did was make me wishy-washy and wrong. Cheers to those who stuck with their core beliefs in him and avoided that awful crow dinner I forced down.

khiladi

Reaction score
I didn't swallow the crow and said the success we had, was because we moved Garrett farther away from the equation, giving Romo more power via Linehan. It was just a year that Romo became more pronounced in the equation.

We also still had Callahan and I thought that would hurt us as well. The year he was 'in control' of the offense, penalties in offense dropped from high 30s to 20s, meaning we were more disciplined as an offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Another myth about Garrett is that he doesn't hire his own staff...

Look at the position coaches..

Houck was not only the OL coach with the Cowboys, but the OL coach with Garrett in Miami. Dooley is the WR coach and he worked with Garrett in Miami as well. Scott Linehan is another coach who was with Garrett in Miami, under the Saban tree as well. Callahan was effectively removed at the expense of Linehan. Garrett had his brother John as WR coach, when the Cowboys were trying to force-fit Ogletree into the offense and the very next year, he was promoted to Passing Game Coordinator. Garrett had Dan Reeves being brought here squashed. Many people tied Garrett to Kiffin as well. Either way, Lacewell took credit for that, and Lacewell has worked with Jim Garrett, Jason's father in Dallas personnel for years.

The whole coaching tree in Dallas is a product of Garrett.

Jerry is getting karma for what he did to Wade and now Callahan. He's always let other's take the fall for Garrett's ineptitude.. Now the trash that is his offense, has become too clear to deny to pretty much everybody. Romo has been saving this guy for years.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Who else is throwing up the "crow" we ate on Jason Garrett last year?

Prior to last year I was anti-Garrett and wanted him replaced. After last year, I swallowed my pride and admitted I must have been wrong about him and ate the proverbial crow.

Now, that meal has upset my stomach after watching the truth come out this year - seeing Garrett w/o Romo bailing him out. He has had quite a few years of his process and player acquisitions to get this team better than the absolute garbage it is w/o Romo at the helm.

I get that losing your franchise QB and top WR will hurt your team immensely, but to this level? No way!

Garrett is awful and I am not about to eat any more crow pertaining to him. Any future victories will be in spite of him not because of him.

Garrett is the reason closed-minded people stay that way. I tried to open my mind and accept that Red was actually becoming good. All that did was make me wishy-washy and wrong. Cheers to those who stuck with their core beliefs in him and avoided that awful crow dinner I forced down.

I also tried to drink the Red KoolAId. I thought that the continuity was finally working. JGarrett isn't a game coach and doesn't get anything extra out of his players. He is a robot that sounds like a good coach but has no skins on the wall.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The reason we were successful last year is because we had a great running game which allowed Romo to have his best season. Nothing to do with Garrett really. I didn't criticize him much last year but I didn't really praise him either. I was just happy that the Cowboys were doing what some of us wanted them to be doing all along.

khiladi

Reaction score
The running game and the OL was a product of Callahan. That's the other irony..