Thursday's game is Romo's to win, in order to elvate this team!

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
This Cowboys team has yet to win a playoff game. We would not be saying this if Dallas won their last playoff game with Seattle. Now, on Turkey Day this team gets to play that team again, and get over that mental hurdle of finally beating them. I really think that beating Seattle will go a long way towards playoff success for this team.

In the last playoff game against Seattle, Dallas lost, as many will say, because Romo mishandled the ball without any injured fingers. This time, he has an injured finger, but let’s hope that he plays mentally tough enough to no mishandle the ball again. This is his game to win outright, in order to lift the Cowboys a notch higher. IMHO opinion, it will go a long way towards building the mental toughness of this offense.

And if anything should provide motivation, it should be the two picturess below. I'm not posting these to ruffle up old feathers, but to get this team to grow new skin.

It all begins with Romo!
07seahawks.1.190.jpg

And it all ends with Romo!
1086098649_03b230a92d.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Man I wish they would just leave that play alone. That play had nothing to do with this ability as a QB he was holding and he does not hold on FG any longer. I do agree that Romo play goes a long way in determining winning and losing but the team as a whole offense and defense need to continue playing hard for this team to build on these recent wins

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2440176 said:
Man I wish they would just leave that play alone. That play had nothing to do with this ability as a QB he was holding and he does not hold on FG any longer. I do agree that Romo play goes a long way in determining winning and losing but the team as a whole offense and defense need to continue playing hard for this team to build on these recent wins

I agree, but that's a separate issue from the point of this thread. That loss hung heavy in the players' minds, regardless of who was at fault. But everyone put it on Romo. The media put it on Romo. The public put it on Romo. So, right or wrong, this game is on Romo's shoulders - like it or not! And if he comes through, I truly believe a big giant weight will be lifted from this team that will propell them furhter and throughout the players. That was the point of tthe thread. If you disagree, then tell me why?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2440214 said:
I agree, but that's a separate issue from the point of this thread. That loss hung heavy in the players' minds, regardless of who was at fault. But everyone put it on Romo. The media put it on Romo. The public put it on Romo. So, right or wrong, this game is on Romo's shoulders - like it or not! And if he comes through, I truly believe a big giant weight will be lifted from this team that will propell them furhter and throughout the players. That was the point of tthe thread.

That was 2 season ago, I don't think that play has any effect on Romo or the team. Seattle is just the next team we face and one that we need to beat to achieve our goals. Because the public or some in the media put blame on Romo really has no bearing on anything it may relieve their minds but I don't think it plays any significant role for Romo or Dallas. After all that is not the same Seattle team and this is not the same Cowboys team

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Every game is a must win at this point in time. I think the teams that Dallas will look at, in order to view themselves as playoff contenders, is Pittsburgh, New York, and Baltimore. Depending on how they match-up against these teams will determine if they make a run in the playoffs, or if they even make the playoffs.

Isn't Romo 2-0 on Thanksgiving?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2440235 said:
Every game is a must win at this point in time. I think the teams that Dallas will look at, in order to view themselves as playoff contenders, is Pittsburgh, New York, and Baltimore. Depending on how they match-up against these teams will determine if they make a run in the playoffs, or if they even make the playoffs.

Isn't Romo 2-0 on Thanksgiving?

Yes 2-0. on TD day, Tampa Bay and the NY Jets last season

seniorette

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2440171 said:
This Cowboys team has yet to win a playoff game. We would not be saying this if Dallas won their last playoff game with Seattle. Now, on Turkey Day this team gets to play that team again, and get over that mental hurdle of finally beating them. I really think that beating Seattle will go a long way towards playoff success for this team.

In the last playoff game against Seattle, Dallas lost, as many will say, because Romo mishandled the ball without any injured fingers. This time, he has an injured finger, but let’s hope that he plays mentally tough enough to no mishandle the ball again. This is his game to win outright, in order to lift the Cowboys a notch higher. IMHO opinion, it will go a long way towards building the mental toughness of this offense.

And if anything should provide motivation, it should be the two picturess below. I'm not posting these to ruffle up old feathers, but to get this team to grow new skin.

It all begins with Romo!
07seahawks.1.190.jpg

And it all ends with Romo!
1086098649_03b230a92d.jpg

Proud of yourself arn't you, having a fun day.
The picture of him hovering over Witten or taking a homeless man to the movies was to easy. You=======/

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2440171 said:
I'm not posting these to ruffle up old feathers, but to get this team to grow new skin.

I am unsure how a person posting on a forum helps the team "to grow new skin." Will anyone from the team actually read this and go, "Doh! So that was what happened.." ?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2440470 said:
I am unsure how a person posting on a forum helps the team "to grow new skin." Will anyone from the team actually read this and go, "Doh! So that was what happened.." ?

Actually they do read it. And why is everyone getting so sensitive? Can't we just call it as it is?