Tiger misses Open cut by 9 strokes

Creeper

Reaction score
People are starting to debate if Tiger Woods should retire from golf.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/go...ts-now-time-to-lower-expectations/ar-BB1qhOHt

I have been lucky enough to have seen Jack and Tiger play in their prime. When Jack retired it was the end of an era. Tiger is 48 and some are saying he should retire now too. There is no doubt Tiger earned the right to play until he decides to quit. He is a fierce competitor so I do not expect him to quit just yet. But I do agree that it makes no sense for him to play just 4 competitive tournaments per year. You can see when he plays his problem is rust. He will still hit some incredible shots but then he will hit an awful shot. Physically he can do it. Mentally, he is not playing with the same focus and that is just a lack of competitive reps. He never played a full schedule, but he played more than 5 tournaments per year. And the majors are usually on the toughest courses with the toughest conditions, exemplified by the fact Rory McIlroy finished just 3 strokes better than Tiger.

Of course none of us know exactly what kind of physical condition Tiger is in. He says he is getting better and he has claimed he intends to play more next year. We'll see. I love seeing him out there trying. Golf needs him, the fans want him, but if he can't break par in a single round no one wants to see that.