CFZ Time For Cowboys To Meet Their Hype

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is the game Cowboys can finally begin to answer the critics of beating a legit SB contender supporting the hype surrounding this team all season long.

If we want to be considered one of the best , you must beat one of the best. And if we can’t beat one of the best will this finally put the SB Hype surrounding this team to rest? It should!

A win tonight doesn’t even guarantee a clear path to winning division as we’ll still need help while we win out which isn’t very likely . And what could be more costly to finally reaching a championship game is a Cowboys win tonight clears a path for SF to take #1 seed.

Cowboys are ultimately probably looking at a WC seed with a win or loss tonight. Looks like the 5th seed is most likely up 3 games currently with 5 to play. More importantly we’d need to win at least 2 playoff games on the road to reach our 1st Championship appearance since 1995.

The good news is a loss tonight considering a win probably won’t win division for us could actually pave an easier road to a championship game appearance if Egirls remain #1 seed. Unless of course we’d rather go to SF for Divisional Round which our win tonight could pave the way for.

I know . We must root for our outside chance at winning division . But in the event of a loss we will be reduced to just another WC team and shouldn’t be considered a SB contender . And maybe we can play more from an underdog roll into the playoffs. Also worth noting is it’s difficult for divisional rivals to win 3 times in a season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I would call a RESPECT GAME. I love games like this. If you want respect as a team, beat the best teams. And that’s even more true in the playoffs. Whatever seed the Cowboys end up with, I hope we get both Philly and SF in the playoffs and beat them both when it matters most.

Every year I see our fans complain about a “lack of respect” for the Cowboys. Beat the best teams in the playoffs and the respect follows.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Even though we probably won't win the division even with a win, they need this for the mental part. A loss today and the "We can't beat good teams "narrative will be in full effect, and rightfully so.
Just with this loss? This is a narrative that has stuck with this team going back the last few seasons.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Just with this loss? This is a narrative that has stuck with this team going back the last few seasons.
Oh I know, but a win tonight can help change that, matter of fact, these next few games are are gonna be big for the mental part of this team

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I feel like we get to this bridge 3 times a year and never cross it. They can get it done tonight and it will be a great win for the organization if they do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This is what I would call a RESPECT GAME. I love games like this. If you want respect as a team, beat the best teams. And that’s even more true in the playoffs. Whatever seed the Cowboys end up with, I hope we get both Philly and SF in the playoffs and beat them both when it matters most.

Every year I see our fans complain about a “lack of respect” for the Cowboys. Beat the best teams in the playoffs and the respect follows.
Calling it now and you've seen games like this before Haze, we actually come out and shock the world! I can see it being bad enough to the point where they take Hurts out the game so he doesn't risk injury. We can't come out playing GREAT against Philly, then the next few games look like we're not even a real team

75boyz

Reaction score
Meeting their hype on a secondary level for me personally as we always seem to either beat the Eagles or have a really close game with them.
But bare minimum, it would be a 2nd win over an above .500 team at least.

Now about those 49ers...

That's my rubber meets the road for this team of hype vs. actual on field performance.

jmo

JustChip

Reaction score
A loss, although not catastrophic, is NEVER better than a win. The most important thing to me is they play a crisp, relatively error free game. They do that and it is much more likely they win.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This is the game Cowboys can finally begin to answer the critics of beating a legit SB contender supporting the hype surrounding this team all season long.

If we want to be considered one of the best , you must beat one of the best. And if we can’t beat one of the best will this finally put the SB Hype surrounding this team to rest? It should!

A win tonight doesn’t even guarantee a clear path to winning division as we’ll still need help while we win out which isn’t very likely . And what could be more costly to finally reaching a championship game is a Cowboys win tonight clears a path for SF to take #1 seed.

Cowboys are ultimately probably looking at a WC seed with a win or loss tonight. Looks like the 5th seed is most likely up 3 games currently with 5 to play. More importantly we’d need to win at least 2 playoff games on the road to reach our 1st Championship appearance since 1995.

The good news is a loss tonight considering a win probably won’t win division for us could actually pave an easier road to a championship game appearance if Egirls remain #1 seed. Unless of course we’d rather go to SF for Divisional Round which our win tonight could pave the way for.

I know . We must root for our outside chance at winning division . But in the event of a loss we will be reduced to just another WC team and shouldn’t be considered a SB contender . And maybe we can play more from an underdog roll into the playoffs. Also worth noting is it’s difficult for divisional rivals to win 3 times in a season.

After the Cowboys win, the goal posts will be moved. The media, negative Cowboys fans, and opposing fans will find multiple reasons to complain and discredit Dallas.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Dallas wins tonight, which everyone is expecting. So winning won’t get them much, but losing will bring on the pack of wild dogs.

Flamma

Reaction score
I had to call out sick tonight because of this game. It's my Monday. I start at 10:30 and work to 6:30. I normally watch Sunday night games at home until about 9:15. Listen to about 20 minutes of it on the radio, then get out to work right as they are coming back from halftime. But this is one of the biggest games of the year. Of the decade not including playoffs. I have to call out. That's the great thing about unions.

I wish they would stop putting Cowboys games on Sunday night. It's annoying. I don't want to have to work a morning shift.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't really care about what the talking heads say about the Cowboys. They spin in a new direction every week. This game is not the end of the world for Dallas win or lose. Just get in the playoffs then make things happen.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very Good post! I want a win tonight and actually we probably want it more than the Philthy. We are likely the 5th seed no matter what happens the rest of the season. After tonight we should play to stay healthy and rest our banged up players here and there and with that be ready for the play offs. IMO

Aven8

Reaction score
Just looked at weather for Buffalo next week, high of 47 and low of 39. No rain etc. should be perfect for this time of year.