# *Mark Sanchez 6-3, 225 Southern California
# *Colt McCoy 6-3, 205 Texas
# Curtis Painter 6-4, 30 Purdue
# *Josh Freeman 6-5, 250 Kansas State
# Hunter Caldwell 6-5, 235 Louisville
# *Nate Davis 6-2, 220 Ball State
# Pat White 6-1, 195 West Virginia (WR)
# Graham Harrell 6-2, 205 Texas Tech
# Brett Romar 6-2, 215 Sam Houston State (O)
# Cullen Harper 6-3, 220 Clemson
# Nathan Brown 6-1, 215 Central Arkansas
# Chase Daniel 6-0, 225 Missouri
# Chase Holbrook 6-5, 240 New Mexico State
# Tom Brandstater 6-4, 220 Fresno State
# Willie Tuitama 6-3, 220 Arizona (X)
# Mike Reilly 6-4, 220 Central Washington
# Todd Boeckman 6-4, 244 Ohio State
# Nate Longshore 6-5, 235 California
# Rudy Carpenter 6-2, 202 Arizona State
# Drew Willy 6-2, 210 Buffalo
# Chris Pizzotti 6-4, 235 Harvard
# David Johnson 6-2, 220 Tulsa
# Mike Teel 6-3, 220 Rutgers
# John Parker Wilson 6-2, 217 Alabama
# Brian Hoyer 6-2, 212 Michigan State
# Chris Crane 6-4, 236 Boston College
# C.J. Bacher 6-2, 210 Northwestern
# Brian Johnson 6-1, 205 Utah
# Stephen McGee 6-2, 220 Texas A&M
# Chase Clement 6-1, 210 Rice
# Joe Ganz 6-1, 200 Nebraska

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
THIS PLAYER HAS "IT"

Drew Willy

Last Updated: September 14th, 2008
Managed By: Sam Maxwell

School

Buffalo
Height

6 ' 4.2 "
Weight

213 lbs.
Speed

4.86 ( Unofficial )

Graduation Year

Birth Date

11/13/1986
Jersey #

Current Position

QB
Projected Position

QB
CDS Projected 2009 NFL Draft Round

Member Projected 2009 NFL Draft Round

Not enough entries
Important Links
Buffalo's Profile for Drew Willy
Stats
Season Year GP GS Comp Att Pass Yds Comp % Pass TDs INTs FL Rush Rush Yds YPC Rush TDs
'05-'06 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
'06-'07 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
'07-'08 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
'08-'09 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Overview
Willy is a very accomplished passer who was a third-team All-State selection in New Jersey while setting school records for career passing yardage (5,387) and touchdowns (51). As a senior, Drew completed 62% of his passes for 2,459 yards and 20 touchdowns. He is a graduate of Randolph H.S. in Randolph, NJ where he led to a 15-6 record and the Iron Hills Conference title over his final two seasons. Drew also earned first-team All-County and All-Area honors as a senior and was also a first-team All-Area guard on the basketball team.

At Buffalo, started the final 8 games of his true freshman season and completed 61% of his passes for 1481 yards, 6/12. In '06, he played in and started 8 games again before sustaining a season-ending thumb injury. That year he went 138 of 231 for 1391 yards and threw 6 TDs and 6 picks. In 2007, he started all 12 games and was 258 of 377 (68.4%!) for 2572 yards and 15 TDs against just 6 TDs.
Strengths
Under the radar type who finally lit up the NFL radar screens (and the general fandom) with a stunning walk-off TD pass with no time on the clock to beat Temple (9-13-08). Very good size and size potential. Shows a lot of football intelligence. Good, but not great arm strength. Leadership attributes are off the charts. Gets out on the edge when he must, and can throw pretty well on the run. Mechanically sound. Has improved any year and works hard to improve. Has matured into a very good decision maker.
Weaknesses
Still a bit herky jerky in his delivery. Does not always make good reads. Can get locked in on a play he wants to make, when others might be better. Lanky and will need to add muscle to have any chance of surviving the pounding in the NFL. Level of competition, playing in the bottom half of the MAC will concern some, but the program has matured along with him.
Projection
7th round measurables, but has some magic that might make a team reach. And that name...that name is worth a couple rounds all by itself.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nors;2404008 said:
# Brett Romar 6-2, 215 Sam Houston State (O)

ROTFLMAO...

Perhaps they mean RHETT BOMAR, the OU transfer??

If the website you got this list from can't even get the basics like a player's NAME right, how authoritative could it be??

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Nors;2404015 said:
THIS PLAYER HAS "IT"

Drew Willy

Last Updated: September 14th, 2008
Managed By: Sam Maxwell

School

Buffalo
Height

6 ' 4.2 "
Weight

213 lbs.
Speed

4.86 ( Unofficial )

Graduation Year

Birth Date

11/13/1986
Jersey #

Current Position

QB
Projected Position

QB
CDS Projected 2009 NFL Draft Round

Member Projected 2009 NFL Draft Round

Not enough entries
Important Links
Buffalo's Profile for Drew Willy
Stats
Season Year GP GS Comp Att Pass Yds Comp % Pass TDs INTs FL Rush Rush Yds YPC Rush TDs
'05-'06 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
'06-'07 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
'07-'08 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
'08-'09 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Overview
Willy is a very accomplished passer who was a third-team All-State selection in New Jersey while setting school records for career passing yardage (5,387) and touchdowns (51). As a senior, Drew completed 62% of his passes for 2,459 yards and 20 touchdowns. He is a graduate of Randolph H.S. in Randolph, NJ where he led to a 15-6 record and the Iron Hills Conference title over his final two seasons. Drew also earned first-team All-County and All-Area honors as a senior and was also a first-team All-Area guard on the basketball team.

At Buffalo, started the final 8 games of his true freshman season and completed 61% of his passes for 1481 yards, 6/12. In '06, he played in and started 8 games again before sustaining a season-ending thumb injury. That year he went 138 of 231 for 1391 yards and threw 6 TDs and 6 picks. In 2007, he started all 12 games and was 258 of 377 (68.4%!) for 2572 yards and 15 TDs against just 6 TDs.
Strengths
Under the radar type who finally lit up the NFL radar screens (and the general fandom) with a stunning walk-off TD pass with no time on the clock to beat Temple (9-13-08). Very good size and size potential. Shows a lot of football intelligence. Good, but not great arm strength. Leadership attributes are off the charts. Gets out on the edge when he must, and can throw pretty well on the run. Mechanically sound. Has improved any year and works hard to improve. Has matured into a very good decision maker.
Weaknesses
Still a bit herky jerky in his delivery. Does not always make good reads. Can get locked in on a play he wants to make, when others might be better. Lanky and will need to add muscle to have any chance of surviving the pounding in the NFL. Level of competition, playing in the bottom half of the MAC will concern some, but the program has matured along with him.
Projection
7th round measurables, but has some magic that might make a team reach. And that name...that name is worth a couple rounds all by itself.

Just curious, how often have you seen Drew Willy play to be able to make the claim that he has "IT"

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2404732 said:
Just curious, how often have you seen Drew Willy play to be able to make the claim that he has "IT"

he hasn't he's just talking

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2405673 said:
he hasn't he's just talking

I'm just curious being that he's my cousin and all just how much he really has seen of him.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Pick one that can scramble and get him over here:mad:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I want Colt McCoy, but he said he is staying at Texas.....if he does, then I want Mike Reilly.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score

I saw him play @ BC - in 2006 he played poorly but the name stuck in my head. I did like his pocket game - he moves around and can throw on the move and likes to. I have seen his high school clips and some utube.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/v...cruit&pkey=54227&vidtype=prospect&vidid=29105

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnrc_r69B2A

http://buffalo.fandome.com/video/104158/Buffalo-Upends-Temple-with-a-Hailmary/

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PPDRf8NkSXI

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aqxztOB4v78

He played very well on ESPN2 the other night against Miami but I was in and out and did not catch much of it.

I am booking the "IT" on all my reads on his game in draft write up moreso.....

Buffalo doesn't get much national exposure. I'm aware of UB football as thats Turner Gill's team

http://www.sportsultra.com/collegefootball/ncaa/players/Drew-Willy/0/16852/news/

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;2406037 said:
Avoid these two.

I second that.....If Zona would have had anything resembling a QB, as opposed to Tui, they beat USC a few weeks ago.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
check out the plays by Mike Reilly against Montana....

on one he avoids a sack and gets a deep pass for a 1st. on another he stands in the pocket as he as about to get lit up and tosses an accurate deep TD pass. he had some other nice passes as well in the highlights....and this was actually the Montana highlight of the game.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aJufP5ryZvg

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
11/02/08 - QB Drew Willy completed 14 of 23 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown vs. Ohio. Willy provided an immediate response to Ohio’s only score of the first half with a 9-yard touchdown pass to Naaman Roosevelt and gave the Bulls a 21-7 lead. His performance was particularly crucial because he rebounded from an uneven performance in the Bulls' last game against Army.

10/19/08 - Having spent the past few games squandering fourth-quarter leads, Drew Willy and the Buffalo Bulls showed they're capable of overcoming them, too. Willy threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter, including a 15-yarder to Ernest Jackson with 4:19 left, to rally the Bulls back from a 14-point deficit. A.J. Principe then hit a 34-yard field goal in the first overtime to seal a 27-24 victory over Army on Saturday. "I think this just shows the character that this team has," Willy said. "With this season, I think it's been all about dramatics." The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Bulls (3-4) and eased the frustrations of their past two losses. Buffalo, last week, squandered a 14-point lead in final 5 minutes in a 34-28 overtime loss to Western Michigan. In their previous game, the Bulls blew an 18-17 fourth-quarter lead to lose 27-25 at Central Michigan when Principe's 46-yard field-goal attempt hit the upright as time ran out. - AP Sports

10/09/08 - Through five games this season the Bulls are averaging 380.6 yards of total offense. If Buffalo continues at this pace, they will easily set the Division I-A school record for total offense in a season. The previous record was set last season, when UB racked up 342.6 yards per game. Prior to the 2007 season, the last Buffalo team to average 300 yards or more of total offense was in 2001.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;2409651 said:
11/02/08 - QB Drew Willy completed 14 of 23 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown vs. Ohio. Willy provided an immediate response to Ohio’s only score of the first half with a 9-yard touchdown pass to Naaman Roosevelt and gave the Bulls a 21-7 lead. His performance was particularly crucial because he rebounded from an uneven performance in the Bulls' last game against Army.

10/19/08 - Having spent the past few games squandering fourth-quarter leads, Drew Willy and the Buffalo Bulls showed they're capable of overcoming them, too. Willy threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter, including a 15-yarder to Ernest Jackson with 4:19 left, to rally the Bulls back from a 14-point deficit. A.J. Principe then hit a 34-yard field goal in the first overtime to seal a 27-24 victory over Army on Saturday. "I think this just shows the character that this team has," Willy said. "With this season, I think it's been all about dramatics." The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Bulls (3-4) and eased the frustrations of their past two losses. Buffalo, last week, squandered a 14-point lead in final 5 minutes in a 34-28 overtime loss to Western Michigan. In their previous game, the Bulls blew an 18-17 fourth-quarter lead to lose 27-25 at Central Michigan when Principe's 46-yard field-goal attempt hit the upright as time ran out. - AP Sports

10/09/08 - Through five games this season the Bulls are averaging 380.6 yards of total offense. If Buffalo continues at this pace, they will easily set the Division I-A school record for total offense in a season. The previous record was set last season, when UB racked up 342.6 yards per game. Prior to the 2007 season, the last Buffalo team to average 300 yards or more of total offense was in 2001.

I don't want Dallas anywhere near any QB named Drew.....

MIKE REILLY please

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

He's probably seen the guy once, maybe twice (and I doubt either of those were the entire game, maybe one entire game) and he just picked some random, unknown, name off the list to try and pimp him so he can say 10 years from now that he called the guy should he ever have even 10 minutes of good play in the NFL.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2410161 said:
He's probably seen the guy once, maybe twice (and I doubt either of those were the entire game, maybe one entire game) and he just picked some random, unknown, name off the list to try and pimp him so he can say 10 years from now that he called the guy should he ever have even 10 minutes of good play in the NFL.

Bring something to the discussion thread related - wait you can't

Dew Willy has a big game this week, watch it.:cool: