Tired of TO talk?.. Draft day scenario

visionary

Reaction score
Before I start: Dont shoot the messenger :D:D:D

With all the Brees to NO talk
Brees is making a good recovery but may not be ready and may well miss practice time so not be comfortable in the new (Peyton) system. There is also a chance that even though he is 'expected' to make a full recovery he will not, nothing is 100% in medicine, there are always setbacks.

Does Peyton want to go into the season with a QB who does not know his system and may not be healthy and/or ready for a full season?

Methinks he will want an insurance policy: one that knows his system, will not break the bank, and can (according to Peyton) potentially start in case Brees is injured or just not ready yet.

See where I am going with this? This is how it will go down on draft day once NO has signed Brees:

NO trades down their 1st round pick a couple of spots with someone who wants leinart for their 1, 2, and 3 or just 1 and 2 (depending on how low they are willing to go)
They take D'Brick with the new 1st
Trade their extra pick (acquired by trading down) to us for Romo

If Henson can show enough in NFLE (as I hope he will) and we can look at him as a potential back-up to DB for this season then this is a win win for both. It may also be that if this is the year we want to go all the way we are not comfortable with a back-up (Romo) who has not taken a single snap in the 'real world' and want to go with a veteran to back-up DB. In this case also Romo becomes 'tradeable' if there is a market.

On second though: go ahead and shoot :eek::eek::eek: